Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VIRTOVO.com How Much Reliable?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VIRTOVO.com How Much Reliable?

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Hi,
Looking around the Forum, I got Virtovo.com's $7 2 GB KVM Promotion. They tell that they are utilizing Server with Dual E5-2620, 128 GB Ram, LSI Raid Card.

Customers are telling that Service is awesome. However, upon My Calculation, I can't find enough logic to be profitted in that Price Range.

How much possibility that the company wouldn't run away in future??

[Note: Not intended to BASH a Company, rather than I'm thinking if the decision is right/wrong]

Thanks,
Mahfuz.

Comments

• @ehostlab - It really does depend on the supplier. It's hard to say without some type of connection.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@LowEND said:
    ehostlab - It really does depend on the supplier. It's hard to say without some type of connection.

Waiting for Anyone's reply from Virtovo's Management :)

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
  • @ehostlab said:
    Waiting for Anyone's reply from Virtovo's Management :)

Hi there,

I saw the thread here and did not comment as I thought you were looking for users opinions.

The plans we sell at the moment are not hugely profitable. You'll notice on our last offer thread that it was marked (last chance). Our business model is not based upon selling 2GB plans at $7. We're a new company and one of the easiest ways to gain some market share was to target on price. We intended to gain customers, generate good reviews of our service and quite honestly to ensure our capacity was not left idle.

We're now very close to capacity, the 2GB/$7 will soon be withdrawn and we'll switch to our normal promotions soon.

• said: [Note: Not intended to BASH a Company, rather than I'm thinking if the decision is right/wrong]

It's possible to make profit is all there's to be said. Say you don't oversell and with 128GB of RAM, that's 64*7 = $448/month. Let's say you pay some fees, e.g. to paypal etc. $400.

Lots of places, including us, would be able to rent you a server of this spec for ~300-350. There's definitely some profit to be had.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@concerto49 said:
    Lots of places, including us, would be able to rent you a server of this spec for ~300-350. There's definitely some profit to be had.

$100 Profit is really acceptable after this hard work? However, as he told that is limited time promo offer. I was thinking to grab one but have no use. Thinking what to do after purchase -_-

• ehostlab said: $100 Profit is really acceptable after this hard work? However, as he told that is limited time promo offer. I was thinking to grab one but have no use. Thinking what to do after purchase -_-

Whether it's acceptable is up to you. I never said it's how much we make either - just a rough guide that it does make profit.

• I've tried to set out the rationale of our current pricing. 2GB for $7 deals are unlikely to appear again unless there is a significant change in our business plan.

• Virtovo said: 2GB for $7 deals are unlikely to appear again unless there is a significant change in our business plan.

Maybe we can offer you a server for it to be worthwhile? :)

• @concerto49 said:
    Maybe we can offer you a server for it to be worthwhile? :)

I'll drop a PM, although business costs are more than a node's MRC.

• Virtovo said: I'll drop a PM, although business costs are more than a node's MRC.

Definitely makes sense. Happy to discuss.

• I have a virtovo 2GB since last 1 month and seems fast and reliable. Support was also quick when I faced an issue with the node time.

Overall I am happy with the service .