Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SPF records
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SPF records

ZiggaZigga Member
edited September 2011 in Help

DO you set up SPF records for your domain names(specially if you have outsourced you mail duties to google apps or Live mail)? If so how do you test it? Do you use any online verifying tools? Discuss!

Comments

• XeoncrossXeoncross Member
    edited September 2011

Outgoing-only local postfix server with rDNS, DKIM, and SPF with Google Apps for incoming mail handling? Yep.

• One of these days, I will. :)

• Coming soon to a lowendscript near you...

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited September 2011

I thought that was set up in DNS.....

edit: I'm going home. I'm tired.

• I typically use the spf checkers (free tools). I think dnssy dot com has one and maybe dnstools dot com or something like that. Can't remember offhand, I usually just ask jeeves for "spf test tools" and use the first result ;).

-d

• @drmike - it is setup in the DNS.

SPF Records

• Use the following link to check your spf record-
    http://www.openspf.org/Tools

You can use following link to create your spf record-
    http://www.openspf.org/SPF_Record_Syntax

Also don't forget to setup DomainKey and DKIM in your DNS. Yahoo! and Hotmail rejects email if they can't verify DomainKey/DKIM. They validate spf records too; but if you don't have DKIM/DomainKey setup properly your mail will land in Spam folder irrespective of spf validation status.

Use DkimProxy+Postfix. You can use DkimProxy to sign & verify outgoing & incoming emails, respectively, using DomainKey & DKIM. Hope this helps.

• SPF aka "coercion relay"

• Then how are we setting up SPF with a lowendscript? Or is LES getting dns as well?

• gianggiang Veteran
    edited September 2011

I would be great if someone integrate these functions to LowEndScript, I've read a lot of tutorials but none of them worked :(

• Xeoncross said: Outgoing-only local postfix server with rDNS, DKIM, and SPF with Google Apps for incoming mail handling? Yep.

I've spent a week to make something like that work but I failed. My outgoing email didn't get signed. Maybe, I was trying to sending email from [email protected] on the server xyz.com :(

Do you have any suggestion?

• gave up and just added google's recommened SPF