Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TurnkeyLinux Templates - Do you have them?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TurnkeyLinux Templates - Do you have them?

Hey guys!

Looking to grab a VPS with a provider who has the TurnkeyLinux templates. I'm moving away from Ramnode, who do have them.

If anyone has them fully supported already, I'd be very happy :)

Thanks.

Comments

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

Why do you move away from Ramnode?

• nunimnunim Member
    edited March 2014

Many providers have them, if you find a provider you'd like to use but they don't have the template you want you could always ask them to add it as most(all?) are available for free.

I never been a big fan of those templates, they're typically poorly optimized, however I may give the gitlab one a try.

• @Jylee said:
    Why do you move away from Ramnode?

Location reasons :)

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Just curious - what issues did you face with our locations?

• Honestly, nearly every provider I've worked with I've requested additional templates and they've usually been willing to oblige.

Although, if I were you, I'd shy away from turnkey templates. They set Webmin on an open port by default, so there could be potential security issues as in the past.

• @Rallias said:
    Honestly, nearly every provider I've worked with I've requested additional templates and they've usually been willing to oblige.

Although, if I were you, I'd shy away from turnkey templates. They set Webmin on an open port by default, so there could be potential security issues as in the past.

The only template I want is the ejabbard one :) I don't think that has webmin (the control panel, I think you're referring to) pre-packaged.

Thanks for your input. I'll just find myself a decent provider and ask them!

@Nick_A said:
    Just curious - what issues did you face with our locations?

It doesn't serve my users sadly. Australians primarily :)