Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VMPort launches NL location
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VMPort launches NL location

AmitzAmitz Member
edited April 2012 in General

Hi there,

I have just received the following eMail:

We are excited to announce our Linux-KVM expansion into Capelle aan den IJssel (Netherlands). Servers are located in the Databarn facility and benefit from the capability of fully-native IPv6 networking and the possibility to upgrade virtual server port speed to 1000Mbit or 5Mbit unmetered, instead of the standard 100Mbit port with limited traffic.

Current VMPort customers (With active services) can get 50% off their first month on any new KVM order (UK or Netherlands), just submit a support ticket to our billing department for further information.
Best Regards
The VMPort Team!

These are good news. I already have a VPS with them in Germany (that I am VERY happy with) and NL is a nice location. If only the BW allocation would be higher! (My old problem with their plans)

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Very interesting, my German OVZ is running really well and has been stable all the way.

• Thank you for sharing Amitz, we were considering advertising this here ourselves but i didn't know if that would count as an offer or not LOL.

In regards to bandwidth, we have increased these packages compared to our OpenVZ.

For instance our 512MB OpenVZ plan has 600GB and our 512MB KVM plan has 800GB. And as mentioned, we can offer a 5Mbit unmetered line or 1000Mbit upgrade for £2.50 for the KVM plans.

Our upcoming LEB feature will allow readers to choose one of those said bandwidth upgrades free of charge.

Once we have had time to look at actual bandwidth utilization we can consider increasing the limit.

Either way, thank you both for your kind words and im happy that you are happy :)

• AmitzAmitz Member

You're welcome... ;)
    However, I have noticed your bandwidth increase and that is very much appreciated. My problem is that I mainly run gallery sites and none of them has traffic < 2 TB per month. The best running one is having around 5 TB. The "flat" 5Mbit option is already very nice, but I am using an average of 10-20Mbit so that is not an option either. But I will keep an eye on the development and can only encourage you to keep up your already very good service!

• @Amitz said: My problem is that I mainly run gallery sites and none of them has traffic < 2 TB per month. The best running one is having around 5 TB.

Ouch, that's some serious bandwidth usage. We rarely see the overall bandwidth go over 2TB on entire hardware nodes.

Thank you and we will try our best!

• i am curious about the promo :)

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited April 2012

@djvdorp said: i am curious about the promo :)

Hopefully it should be posted soon :) We are eligible to get posted again so its just a case of waiting for the writers, im sure they get a lot of offers :P

• @VMPort said: We are eligible to get posted again so its just a case of waiting for the writers, im sure they get a lot of offers :P

Post it on LET if you want it posted within a reasonable amount of time.

Thanked by 2djvdorp TheHackBox
  • @dmmcintyre3 said: Post it on LET if you want it posted within a reasonable amount of time.

LOL. We aren't eligible to post on LET for another week and half or so, they usually get our offers up within a couple of days of sending them so im not worried yet!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I got a sneak peek at the node performance, even as a 'sort of friendly competitor' I would recommend this one, performance is good, would love to see a 96mb.com review of these ones.

@vmport I think you should drop an email over to [email protected] for a review.

• Thank you @AnthonySmith. Your too kind, i dont think of us as competitors though since we always recommend each others service ourselves haha :P

I tweeted him and he dropped me an email back just explaining about his degree and what not but he has promised to take one for a spin as soon as he gets chance!