Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XenVZ Review / Control Panel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

XenVZ Review / Control Panel?

OneTwoOneTwo Member
edited April 2012 in Providers

XenVZ been great for me the last years that I own an OpenVZ vps with them. Great speed, stability, uptime. I have no complaints about them.

They run their own custom control panel. In the openvz nodes it's outdated because they don't support them anymore. Can someone shot some photos from their xen control panel because I'm curious to see how it is?

Comments

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

here: http://seanmcr.co.uk/new_vps_manager.avi

(It looks the same as OpenVZ cp but more feature rich)

Btw. out of curiosity, why do you use their outdated openvz platform at all as they have every half year or so impressive, really cheap Xen special offers? I cancelled my Micro openVZ package (£11.94 per 6 months) long time ago in favour of even better but cheaper Xen offers.

• @Spirit it looks kinda the same.

Where did you find the video? It writes the owner's name in it. Are you him?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

No, Sean is OpenITC/XenVZ co-owner. Control panel is his work.

Thanked by 1Asim
  • AsimAsim Member

@Spirit thanks for sharing

• For anyone interested:

128MB memory
    2.5GB storage
    20GB/month data transfer
    Xen/Custom VM
    2.00$ month

Link

They're really great :D

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
    edited April 2012

Yes they are good. If you want to have the best experience I suggest you get on one of their newer servers in Maidenhead with newer Xeon cpus & 15K rpm SAS disks.
    Maidenhead is nice and close to London and the network is more stable than the Newcastle location.

• They moved datacenters some months ago. Didn't they move all of their nodes to Maidenhead?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

@OneTwo said: They moved datacenters some months ago. Didn't they move all of their nodes to Maidenhead?

Naah, they never did that. All what they did was migration to their own IP space (+ replaced one broken Maidenhead node with Newcastle node).
    I am hosted with them in Maidenhead since 21-Nov-2008 and in Newcastle location since 20-Dec-2011. Newcastle is OK however I prefer solid rock Maidenhead.