Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

libGLU.so.1 ???
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

libGLU.so.1 ???

CltcamCltcam Member

Trying to run a script on my 64 bit Ubuntu server, but I keep getting the following error.

libGLU.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I did a bit of research, and it seems as if you need 32 bit binaries to run the command. I've tried installing some stuff, but still getting the same error. Anyone know how I can fix the issue?

Comments

• Try "apt-get update && apt-get install ia32-libs".

• Newer Ubuntu versions don't have that package anymore. Try looking the file up on http://packages.ubuntu.com, search inside packages. That usually does the trick for me.

• Try:

dpkg --add-architecture i386
    apt-get update

Then you should be able to install the 32bit libGLU or whatever it's called. Maybe libglu1-mesa.i386

• Tried all replies and nothing worked. Should I restart the dedi then try? Now when I run the command, it does some mono stuff but doesn't fully execute. root@h199-229-250-15:/home/tcadmin/tcafiles/games/rust# ./rust_server.x86_64
    Set current directory to /home/tcadmin/tcafiles/games/rust
    Found path: /home/tcadmin/tcafiles/games/rust/rust_server.x86_64
    Mono path[0] = '/home/tcadmin/tcafiles/games/rust/rust_server_Data/Managed'
    Mono path[1] = '/home/tcadmin/tcafiles/games/rust/rust_server_Data/Mono'
    Mono config path = '/home/tcadmin/tcafiles/games/rust/rust_server_Data/Mono/etc'

• Try :

apt-get install libgl1-mesa-glx libgl1-mesa-dev

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited March 2014

@ultimatehostings said:
    Try :

apt-get install libgl1-mesa-glx libgl1-mesa-dev

Turns out to be an issue with the game. Please close this thread.