Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[US] 25% OFF! OpenVZ @ $0.88/m! Xen PV @ $2.49/m! [SecureDragonLLC]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[US] 25% OFF! OpenVZ @ $0.88/m! Xen PV @ $2.49/m! [SecureDragonLLC]

KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
edited April 2012 in Offers

Hey LET! Wanted to share a limited special with you guys since I don't post my offers on LEB anymore. ;)

Pick up any service from us (excluding 256MB and up plans) and get 25% off recurring for any term! Just use promotion code: 25PERCENT

Check out our OpenVZ plans!
Check out our Xen PV plans!
Check out our Backup VPSs!
(cPanel plans are also included but leaving them out because this site is dedicated to LEBs.)

Again, this is a very limited offer and once the promotions are used up they're gone.

And for the basics...
Test IP: 199.167.29.3
Test File: 199.167.29.3/100MB.zip
Data Center: E Solutions (Tampa, FL)
IPv6: Not at this time.
IRC: Not at this time.
TOR: Nope.
Torrents: Nope.
Spam: Nope.
TUN/TAP (OpenVPN): Yup, you can enable this in SolusVM.
PPTP: Yup, you can enable this in SolusVM.
Anything else: SecureDragon.net
Anything else: SD KB
Anything else: Ask away.

Thanked by 1LES

Comments

• to be clear, 25PERCENT coupoun only work with O32,O64,O96,O128 ?

• fanfan Veteran

Pity you don't accept orders from my country. :(

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@Coffee said: to be clear, 25PERCENT coupoun only work with O32,O64,O96,O128 ?

It works on all OpenVZ, Xen PV, Backup VPS, and cPanel plans except for VPSs that have 256MB of RAM or more.

@fan said: Pity you don't accept orders from my country. :(

Which country is that?

• MikyMiky Member

@KuJoe said: IPv6: Not at this time.

Any hope to reach IPv6 someday?

• Is the domain included with the cpanel hosting?

• Flagged for fraud :( Did not disable my vpn... Damn you maxmind!

• fanfan Veteran

@KuJoe said: Which country is that?

P.R. China. You told me earlier about the reason, I just tried to see if it's supported now.

• RophRoph Member

So tempted... :p

@Miky said: Any hope to reach IPv6 someday?

One day when it's more affordable and/or in our budget. I'm actually reading up on this IPv6 tunneling thing to see if it's a viable option like some providers use. ;)

@Raymii said: Is the domain included with the cpanel hosting?

Nope, we do not handle domain registration at this time. Sorry.

@fan said: P.R. China. You told me earlier about the reason, I just tried to see if it's supported now.

We had allowed China for a while up until last week when we were getting hit with more fraud then I was willing to deal with. I'll open it back up once we get some new anti-fraud systems are in place.

• Any restriction about what can I do in the backup servers? o_O

• AsimAsim Member

I wish I could blog about it

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Damn, soooo cheap!

Total Recurring: $10.43 USD Annually

So tempting, damn I feel like a woman. What can I dot there? Can I use rtorrent?

• @netomx said: Can I use rtorrent?

No:

@KuJoe said: Torrents: Nope.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Thanks. Well, what can you use with this?

• flyfly Member

@KuJoe said: I'm actually reading up on this IPv6 tunneling thing to see if it's a viable option like some providers use

doesn't work very well, imo. get native or get out.

@yomero said: Any restriction about what can I do in the backup servers? o_O

You can only use it for backups. All other uses are not allowed.

@netomx said: What can I dot there? Can I use rtorrent?

You can use it for a lot of things, torrrents are not allowed though. For a list of things you cannot do, check out TOS. ;)

@kbar said: doesn't work very well, imo. get native or get out.

Thanks. That saves me some research then. :)

• flyfly Member

yeah, i mean, it /works/ but it's not great for real use.
    tunnelbroker tunnels aren't very stable, servers can be overloaded or w/e, irc servers aren't supported apparently. the one i'm on for hostigation adds 150 ping right off the bat, and it's in asheville, va. supposedly tim is getting native soon, can't wait.

@kbar said: yeah, i mean, it /works/ but it's not great for real use.

tunnelbroker tunnels aren't very stable, servers can be overloaded or w/e, irc servers aren't supported apparently. the one i'm on for hostigation adds 150 ping right off the bat, and it's in asheville, va. supposedly tim is getting native soon, can't wait.

Gotcha. We're planning on getting native IPv6 when it's in our budget (probably next renewal period). I was just looking for something for now but it looks like it's better to hold off altogether. I did do some tests though and HE's tunnelbroker servers aren't that bad from our location (Tampa -> Miami = ~18ms). Thanks for the info though, I couldn't find much about tunneling online so I had to piece the information together from various sources.

• I got my first backup VPS plan. Thanks!

@seikan said: I got my first backup VPS plan. Thanks!

No problem. It's never to late to start making backups. :)

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited April 2012

@KuJoe sorry, for backup plans. what does you can only use it for backup mean? Can I use it as cvs/git server? I am thinking of using git as backup strrategy for my web files. that way i can also keep version history. and also for hosting my personal project codes (1 developer only, me). thanks!

edited April 2012

@jcaleb said: Can I use it as cvs/git server? I am thinking of using git as backup strrategy for my web files

I don't see a problem with using git for backups as long as they are only used for backups. Our backup servers do not have the same CPU and RAM capacity that our other VPS nodes do so they can't be used for processing/serving content.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

just went to secure dragon website and tried to sign up. for all the providers i try the sign up page, i think its the first time where i was not asked for a domain name.

@jcaleb said: i think its the first time where i was not asked for a domain name.

You just gave me an idea... I'll run it by my partner and report back. :)