Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iwStack.com lowering their prices.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iwStack.com lowering their prices.

Anybody else using iwStack.com that can confirm that they have lowered their price on primary storage the last week?

It's not much going from 0.001200/h to 0.001000/h, but for me the change is around €1 less per month.

The old price

The new price

Impact on my instances

Thanked by 2Gunter geekalot

Comments

• tchentchen Member

Yup, mine's dropped too. Same day.

Thanked by 1Void_Whisperer
  • Is it because the USD value getting cheaper now?

• Maybe its because DO just got all that money and vultar came into the space. nothing says pick me to the let market like lower proices.

• Ya they did, i believe they had emailed awhile ago.

• awsonawson Member

Do I still need to pay them $50 to get in?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2014

Hello!

We added a new faster storage, so a price cut was necessary... :D
    DO and vultr are no competitors for iwstack, it is the cheapest IaaS with redundancy out there, I do not believe there are other real IaaS platforms that give full access to the cloudstack/openstack/whatever UI so far.
    The prices are not lowered because of the competition, but because we can. Besides, iwstack is not intended at all for the LET market, it is aimed at professionals and companies, but this does not mean it is reserved for them. we have vmware and rhev already exclusively for those.

The 30 Eur initial deposit is the only thing that shows it's intended target, that is some 39 $ or less however, for LET people that also have an active service in good standing with us, the initial deposit is 15 EUR, so, no, we do not put restrictions for LET, even if this is not the primary audience.

• tchentchen Member
    edited March 2014

You could have pocketed the price cut and loosened the /hr bandwidth restriction :P. But thanks nonetheless.

• @Maounique said:
    Hello!

DO and vultr are no competitors for iwstack, it is the cheapest IaaS with redundancy out there, I do not believe there are other real IaaS platforms that give full access to the cloudstack/openstack/whatever UI so far.
    The prices are not lowered because of the competition, but because we can. Besides, iwstack is not intended at all for the LET market, it is aimed at professionals and companies, but this does not mean it is reserved for them. we have vmware and rhev already exclusively for those.

The 30 Eur initial deposit is the only thing that shows it's intended target, that is some 39 $ or less however, for LET people that also have an active service in good standing with us, the initial deposit is 15 EUR, so, no, we do not put restrictions for LET, even if this is not the primary audience.

You are right, But... iwstack's UI is really really bad

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2014

Makkesk8 said: You are right, But... iwstack's UI is really really bad

Quality of their server is more important, I believe they provide API so you can use that if you don't like their UI.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • tchentchen Member

@perennate said:
    Quality of their server is more important, I believe they provide API so you can use that if you don't like their UI.

I haven't tried it, but for those who are otherwise unaware of their support forum

http://board.prometeus.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1360

It should be the raw Cloudstack API, although the thread uses cloudmonkey as a demonstration.

• how to get initial deposit 15 EUR for active user

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Email them, mentari. :)

• Oh, nice one. Didn't even notice.

• Startup with 30 EUR, not a 5$ like on DO or Vultr :) This only prevent from join IwStack easy

• @fitvpn said:
    Startup with 30 EUR, not a 5$ like on DO or Vultr :) This only prevent from join IwStack easy

This is to prevent abuser and spammer. But, as a long time customer of Prometeus, we can start to run iwstack just with $10. Or even given a free credit to run the vm for a whole year.

• People just need to realize that the 30e is totally worth it!

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited March 2014

These ,,abusers and spammers,, make billions to DO and Vultr.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I want to know when will iwstack is gonna be available in the US

Thanked by 2mpkossen Silvenga
  • tommytommy Member

drazilox said: People just need to realize that the 30e is totally worth it!

maybe only people from LET/LEB realize :)

• @netomx said:
    I want to know when will iwstack is gonna be available in the US

Salvatore said a few months ago on this board that he has some testing nodes from Incero & he does want to expand iwstack to US using owned hardware.But I don't know of any progress regarding that may be @Maounique can update us regarding that.

• @fitvpn said:
    Startup with 30 EUR, not a 5$ like on DO or Vultr :) This only prevent from join IwStack easy

I do not understand why do people even compare DO to iwstack where iwstack is true cloud whereas DO is just simple KVM vps for which you can choose to pay hourly.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • i am really happy with iwstack

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

I like IWStack, my only issue is the length of time it sometimes takes to spin-up/shut-down VMs.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • kyakykyaky Member

@Maounique said:
    Hello!

when will you add US node for iwstack? looking forward to it

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited March 2014

@K2Bytes - Compared only billing scheme for startup

• hmm €30 is a big amount of money, because we live in a lowend world, talking about lowend stuff, in a lowend forum.

People not just lived in a lowend pocket. There are many business or corporate too.

• Just my opinions :
    * 30 EUR is ok if you have a serious need, IMO, but the possible LET discount is a superb idea, especially for web developers trying out Iaas on small scale with small bills !
    * @Maounique please don't add US operations to the same infrastructure - all data gets spied on and stored in the US.
    If you want to add US operations, humble request to keep the networks separate.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited March 2014

cheapdave said: please don't add US operations to the same infrastructure - all data gets spied on and stored in the US.

All data?

• LeeLee Veteran

@cheapdave said:
    * 30 EUR is ok if you have a serious need

30 EUR is to start with and you add more funds when needed, that 30 EUR could last you many months depending on the size of VM(s) you have running.

• tchentchen Member

@K2Bytes said:
    I do not understand why do people even compare DO to iwstack where iwstack is true cloud whereas DO is just simple KVM vps for which you can choose to pay hourly.

Capacity. DO's capacity planning front runs iwstack, no doubt thanks to the cash infusion. Despite being rock solid, I can sense diurnal patterns in the iwstack cluster. Different needs, different strokes.