Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DelimiterVPS Dedicated Servers - Really?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DelimiterVPS Dedicated Servers - Really?

Thinking of going with DelimiterVPS for a dedicated server?

You may wish to read this first:

On the Wednesday before last, I ordered a dedicated server from Delimiter, awaiting patiently for it to arrive. On Friday, I contacted them, and got a quick response saying it will be up within 1 -3 days after order, so it will be online on Monday.

Its now a week later, I have sent the two tickets and are still to receive a reply (One since Monday) or a server. Anyone know any better way to get hold of them?

Comments

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep
  • @connorl - pm me the email address you ordered on, I'll find out whats going on

• Thanks Guys, Seems to be better support on here than on their own systems.

• @Connorl said:
    Thanks Guys, Seems to be better support on here than on their own systems.

yeah its what happenes when you end up on the low end of low end. the best way to put i is when ur delimiter server is up, it runs and things work fine but when its down or has an issue your better off with google or let to try first unless the issue can only be solved on there side.

• @Connorl said:

I hope you received your server from them, I'm still sadly waiting for mine to be set up and I even got in touch with @MarkTurner but never got an answer back.

• ckm_2ckm_2 Member

@Connorl , @anthonyz - Were there any miracles that happened today?

Thanked by 1anthonyz
  • keltorsorikeltorsori Member
    edited March 2014

I've got three dedicated servers through Delimiter now. First took about a week, second only a day, my last one took a full month to get provisioned. While the provision time for the last one was disappointing, all three are pretty excellent servers for the price. Support is pretty quick (most of my tickets are responded to in a couple of hours) and the images available for the higher end servers leave little to be desired. I hope they get their provisioning sorted out as it seems I'm not in the minority on the unfortunately long times for new servers.
    All-in-all though, I'm a happy customer and hope that Delimiter keeps offering great dedicated deals.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @Connorl said:

Yep. MarkTurner is always here to help, which is a good thing, I guess. It would be better if their support department would be as responsive, though. This isn't the first time something like this happened, I believe.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ckm_2 said: @Connorl , @anthonyz - Were there any miracles that happened today?

Nope, Still Waiting

Thanked by 1anthonyz
  • @Connorl said:

Sadly I see @MarkTurner responding to others but not us. I wonder what that is about, not even a simple update is given to me regarding my order.

• jeromezajeromeza Member
    edited March 2014

@Connorl - nothing new - they said 1-3 days for mine then after I moaned (1 week+ later) they cancelled my order. They then cancelled my brothers order out of spite too. Not worth the time or effort. Moved to quickpacket.com and my order got provisioned 1 day after payment. Now thats service.

Delimiter over promises and under delivers big time.

• BruceBruce Member

if lowend = services for end users, and bottomfeeders = suppliers to lowend, who are the top 5 bottomfeeders?

delimiter?
    quickpacket?
    choppa?
    CC?

who else?

are ANY of these bottomfeeders NOT competing with their customers?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited March 2014

Bruce said: delimiter? quickpacket? choppa? CC?

2 of these run at least own DCs, the last one left runs own network - Delimiter does neither of that. Their VPS in Israel also suck majorly (same for Spain).

• @William - Delimiter/Yomura owns and operates its own datacentres. On that list Delimiter/Choppa/Colocross operate their own DC, Quickpacket I think is colocated with Cyberwurx.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Bruce said: if lowend = services for end users, and bottomfeeders = suppliers to lowend, who are the top 5 bottomfeeders?

delimiter? quickpacket? choppa? CC?

who else?

are ANY of these bottomfeeders NOT competing with their customers?

Not sure why you're calling us a "bottomfeeder" - it does not have a positive connotation.

QuickPacket is primarily a dedicated server provider, but we also do offer other services because our customers request that we do.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

QPS is one of the best dedicated server providers not sure how that means they are a bottom feeder. CC does suck though :)

• BruceBruce Member

@qps said:

as I already defined, bottomfeeder is a supplier to the bottom end of the market (AKA lowend). no negative connotations implied at all

to make lowend services work you need to get the maths right. so there's limited options for suppliers. that's just a fact of life.

• Server Received. Missing the additional IP addresses though -.-

• @Connorl - Open a ticket. Normally the additional IPs will be allocated post installation.

• Had issue with setup initially, but never looked back on the deal that I got. Contacted support minimally since I have all the tools I need to administer my server properly.

Thanked by 2netomx MarkTurner
  • @markturner - any chance of the old x5150 deal coming back?

• @Lelanto - no its finished. There are a few units that have been held back for existing customers. We did find some more of these blades in Minneapolis which will be taken out of service in the next few weeks, but its uncertain whether these will go into service as budget servers or just be recycled.

• tomletomle Member, LIR
    edited March 2014

Too bad, I don't really need one but for $20 the nerd in me can't resist...
    On the other hand, if you are going to do Dual L5420 below $40, let me know :)

@MarkTurner said:
    Lelanto - no its finished. There are a few units that have been held back for existing customers. We did find some more of these blades in Minneapolis which will be taken out of service in the next few weeks, but its uncertain whether these will go into service as budget servers or just be recycled.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited March 2014

MarkTurner said: Delimiter/Yomura owns and operates its own datacentres

ASN? IPs? Upstreams? Location? Owner of ground and building you are in? (Choopa and CC (well, Choopa at least) own the entire ground, structure and all infra of their DCs. I doubt you do that with your low volume.)

Further, if anything, it's all owned by Yomura - Not by you, you are just a subcompany.

You might have your own ASN, i see that for VPS, but you are nowhere multihomed - Just singlehomed to the local upstream. This is NOT running a network.

• @William - Seriously Choopa own the ground and buildings? From their website:

United States, California
    One Wilshire, 624 South Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90017
    United States, Illinois
    DuPont Fabros, 2200 Busse Rd. Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
    United States, New Jersey
    DuPont Fabros, 101 Possumtown Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854
    United States, New Jersey
    165 Halsey Street, Newark, NJ 07102
    United States, New York
    111 8th Avenue, New York, NY 10011
    United States, New York
    60 Hudston St., New York, NY 10013
    United States, Texas
    8435 Stemmons Freeway, Dallas TX, 75247
    United Kingdom, London
    6 Braham Street, London E18EE, United Kingdom
    Netherlands, Amsterdam
    Evoswitch, J.W. Lucasweg 35, 2031 BE, Haarlem, Netherlands

Amazing - you are saying they own all of this (being sarcastic)?

Like everyone else who are not building bespoke datacentres (think Telehouse, QTS, DuPont, etc) including Choopa - we lease suites/floors in buildings and retrofit them for datacentre.

And to correct your other faux-pas, I dont work for Delimiter, I work for Yomura.