Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DEDICATEDMINDS DOWN AND ALL VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DEDICATEDMINDS DOWN AND ALL VPS

enitan092enitan092 Member
edited March 2014 in General

dedicatedminds and all my vps are down

Comments

• @Reece
    please do something

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

There core switch is down I believe.

• ReeceReece Member

@AlexanderM said:
    There core switch is down I believe.

There was an email dispatched this morning.

The coreswitch is facing issues in Clifton something which is very much out of our control and is causing problems not just for our clients based here.

Compensation will be provided as soon as we get everything restored fully and a full email going out explaining what's happened.

We also have an update as to when our migrations will be happening to a new facility in NJ, we will provide further information once a full report is out.

Updates are being posted here:
    http://support.dedicatedminds.com/index.php?module=announce&sec=view&id=6

• @Reece said:

i did not receive any mail

• @enitan092 said:
    dedicatedminds and all my vps are down

and billing panel too.

no email about issue.

downtime is more 5h, nice!

• I received no email either, sometimes it goes into spam but I didn't see one anywhere.

• Reece said: There was an email dispatched this morning.

I also did not get it. And it wasn't rejected or spamboxed. You use mandrillapp for sending and the only mail that arrive at my mailserver from mandrillapp today was from bluevm ...

• No ticket answer, no pm answer, no private email answers, just don't care attitude.

• ReeceReece Member
    edited March 2014

@catalystium said:
    I received no email either, sometimes it goes into spam but I didn't see one anywhere.
    @netguy said:

@enitan092 said:

We have dispatched another email in regards to this, please let me know if you are still facing issues.

We're doing all we can to ensure the services are restored, unfortunately in this case it is out of our control completely.

Tunnel has been switch back over for the billing area.

EDIT: Network is coming back up now, they have switched over to a different router.

• RyanDRyanD Member

Reece said: EDIT: Network is coming back up now, they have switched over to a different router.

The distrbution CORE-AA servicing your rack suffered a total supervisor failure. It originally appeared to be a software fault which was addressed and service was restored and it ultimately failed again, we evaluated line card failures and everything checked out. It was brought back into service to investigate further and it suffered a total failure.

At that point we decided to just transition everything over to the other distribution, moved the rack uplinks and vlan(s) over to the other distro and brang everything back online.

Service should be fully restored.

• Reece really does not have luck recently :( I hope things will go better for you soon.

• @Rockster said:
    Reece really does not have luck recently

Don't forget his clients.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • sleddogsleddog Member
    edited March 2014

Reece said: We have dispatched another email in regards to this

Never got that one either.

I don't mind hardware failure, downtime, etc. but the host has got to communicate.

Thanked by 1tommy
  • Rob92Rob92 Member

Same here never got the email.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Same here with the email. Is there anyone who actually did receive it?

• Not me, I don't have it too.

• My ticket has been closed without answer...Probably bug in the WHMCS, hope he answers quickly for other tickets before it closes again.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@MorningIris said:
    My ticket has been closed without answer...Probably bug in the WHMCS, hope he answers quickly for other tickets before it closes again.

Was it open for a few days? I've had at least one ticket closed from non-activity when the issue was still outstanding.

• @Nekki yes it was.

• my ticket got replied to.

seems they were all busy with tickets and the hardwares

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

The last email I received from Dedicated Minds was the 26th of last month.

Although a recent ticket was resolved quickly and very professionally.

• In general, you will never get a response for tech support - not even for hardware/network issues. I did face this issue.. I just moved away to Iniz and everything is so smooth.

• It appears they are down again

• filriyadh said: It appears they are down again

For six hours... my guess is they've been terminated.

• Glad I made backups and moved everything out of there before this happened...

• is anybody still using there service.

• wychwych Member

Did people not migrate last time?

• i did my migration as soon as they came back on last month or so.

i had there ip in my monitorus and it went down last night over here.

NIGERIAN TIME

• Site won't work for long time, my VPS is down for long time. No any news from them. Ugly scammers.

• Anna_Parker said: Ugly scammers.

Just read that comment and saw your profile picture, I chuckled.

Thanked by 1AlexU