Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with Xeon Haswell 1230-1280 / 1GB RAM / Win2008R2SP1
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with Xeon Haswell 1230-1280 / 1GB RAM / Win2008R2SP1

Hello,

I 'm a C programmer and need a VPS with high-speed CPU power for financial number crunching & simulation.

CPU usage will peak only for 1-3 hours per day during a simulation run. Bandwidth usage will be very low, just RDC and little FTPS. Free disk space of 5 GB after OS installation is sufficient, preferable Intel SSD. OS Win2008R2SP1 or Win7x64SP1.

The CPU needs to be from this list as my code needs AVX2 instructions and > 3.0Ghz to avoid long test runs:

• Xeon E3-1230 v3
  • Xeon E3-1240 v3
  • Xeon E3-1270 v3
  • Xeon E3-1280 v3

VPS should offer 1 core + HT, so the CineBench 95 score of the VPS should be around 1000+

RAM should be 1 GB.

Any offers ? :)

Kind Regards,

Beepsi

Comments

• Do you need a Dedicated core?

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Abusivecores?

Thanked by 2drserver Brad
  • drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Hi,

Do you need dedicated core of E3-1XX0 V3 or shared cores are ok to you ?

• Thanks for the comments. How is the price difference between dedicated/shared core ? Can load balancing guarantee ~100% core power to my VPS if my simulation requests it ? Abusivecores offers Xeon L5639 which doesn't support AVX2, needs to be Haswell generation. HT should be on, too, forgot to mention that.

• Beepsi said: HT should be on, too, forgot to mention that.

HT actually lowers single thread performance if all threads are busy.

• @drserver said:
    Hi,

Do you need dedicated core of E3-1XX0 V3 or shared cores are ok to you ?

BTW, your site is slightly broken.

• rds100 said: HT actually lowers single thread performance if all threads are busy.

It depends on the code and if it needs to use shared memory / cache space.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Rallias said: slightly broken.

Thanks for reporting.