Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soyoustart tests?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Soyoustart tests?

hey, did anyone of you wonderful guys test the soyoustart.com servers, as they are in the OVH network it seems like a good deal, anything negative(bw caps) ??

cheers

Comments

• awsonawson Member

They're just re-branded OVH servers.

• jhjh Member

Got a customer who's bought specifically from SoYouStart. The panel is a bit weird but everything works fine, just as it would from OVH directly.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

The management panel is very similar to the Kimsufi one. Performance are the same as the old SP and EG offers from OVH. Very good quality / price ratio. I recommend Soyoustart for a small buisness or a IT student.

• Better question is what NICs are available, my old miniSP, which I believe has the same hardware as the now-branded SYS servers, had some new and horrifyingly weird realtek NIC built into them that was so bad OVH started tossing Intel PCIe NICs into people's SYS/mSP servers on demand.

I'm also curious as to which ones are in the backup series.

• SYS is good if you don't mind spotty latency going south

• anyone have any idea if you can buy extra ip's on those plans? and if so cost

Yes, is 5 IP/Server and 3$/month each.

• @TarZZ92 said:
    anyone have any idea if you can buy extra ip's on those plans? and if so cost

Yes you can! it is $3 USD per IP

• Will let you know it's looking like i might order one of these today.

http://www.soyoustart.com/us/offers/sys-e32-3.xml

just the setup fee sucks. 69 bucks

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    Yes, is 5 IP/Server and 3$/month each.

Wow, this is 6 times the price OVH offered IP addresses last summer.

This price is sadly because of the end of availability of IPv4. Hope the will provide IPv6 with Vmac soon...