Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review: iVPS.us - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review: iVPS.us

Comments

• markmurphy said: i have the chat to prove it

How 12 of you

• @drmike

There is a simple way to trick rapidssl to give you one for free.

• @dmmcintyre3

Care to share how? :)

• drmike said: Would love to know where you're getting a commercial SSL cert for free.

Namecheap used to hand them out with purchases, you could practically just ask if anyone had spares on their forums

You have purchased SSL certificates and at least 852 certificate(s) are not yet activated. Please go to the SSL Certificates page and click on 'Activate Now' next to your SSL purchase item to start the issue process.

• At least a trial certificate xD
    Some trial certs are for several months

• @DanielM Get a comodo 90 day trial and then do rapidssl's exchange a compeditor's cert thing and you get it free for 2 years and 90 days.

• drmike said: Would love to know where you're getting a commercial SSL cert for free.

I believe you can use StartSSL's certificates for commercial purposes, the only con is that the cert would be issued to the requester and not the company, which is not a big deal.

• I believe you can use StartSSL's certificates for commercial purposes

Rrrright, http://www.startssl.com/?app=40

• webmin $6 ? wtf

• tommy said: webmin $6 ? wtf

Even funnier is that you have to pick one of them. Them webmin licenses don't come cheap.

/sarcasm

• This is a joke, right?

• This is pretty annoying. This guy stole our layout and made minor color changes.

• @neosurge

This is pretty annoying. This guy stole our layout and made minor color changes.

That surprises you around here? We have providers who get their designs copied a couple of times a month. :)

• I'm not surprised, as stated I'm annoyed. Since 2002, there have been many instances of our website getting copied through it's various renditions.

• neosurge said: This is pretty annoying. This guy stole our layout and made minor color changes.

Best part being that they're literally too stupid to not link to your order form and TOS

Thanked by 1neosurge
  • drmikedrmike Member
    edited September 2011

Looks to be hosted with webrulon. Never heard of them.

Knock yourself out:

http://whois.domaintools.com/199.167.198.87

http://webrulon.com/web-hosting/why-webrulon/network/policies-aup/

Their AUP appears to be copied and pasted as they have a table of contents right at the top but yet don't link to any of the sections.

edit: Their website has a number of typos floating around as well.

• Webrulon is alienlayer/alienvps AFAIK

• Yes Webrulon is AlienVPS. Hmm...

• Parent company or ...?

• Dunno, but my invoices from alienlayer comes from Webrulon lol

• Webrulon LLC is AlienVPS owner.

• Hmmm, must have missed that bit:

http://www.lowendbox.com/?s=Webrulon&searchsubmit=Find

Sorry for the confusion.

• Telling prospective customers that "This order form is provided in a secure environment" when the page is NOT secured is a very, very, very bad thing. Get an SSL cert or fix your copypasta.

• Is the poster even still around? I think we ran him or her off. Granted for good reason....

• 39 Days until Christmas :) Everyday we will be giving discounts, today signup and get 39%, Merry Christmas from iVPS

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Duh, I think we can count..

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited November 2011

I'm Jewish. (I'm actually not but still...)

edit: The location I ring the bell is 30-40% Jewish. I learned real quick not to say "Merry Christmas" around there to the annoyance of the local officers. One of them came out to visit, said such to someone who donated and got an earful for about 5 minutes. Never heard another word about it from then on although it does get noted on my reviews.

• @drmike said: (I'm actually not but still...)

Close enough.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@drmike said: I'm Jewish. (I'm actually not but still...)

A big contradiction ;)

• You dont match up with quite a few provider's round here, including us.

And attempting to match provider's by price leaves you destined for one place & one place only... And we all know where that is :P