Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

needed: reliable 128/128 vps for mysql stability tests
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

needed: reliable 128/128 vps for mysql stability tests

sandozsandoz Veteran
edited April 2012 in General

i need a reliable 128/128 vps for mysql stability tests, prefered is a NL or DE server
diskspace/datatransfer is not important, stability and uptime is

Comments

• Edis.at has numerous European locations that would suit you.
    I'm sure others would agree, they're incredibly stable.

• Have you considered a UK host? Same EU laws :)

Disclaimer: Evorack is a UK host where our service provier has peering links with the Amsterdam AS-IX Exchange.

• sandoz : maybe you could try EvoRack.
    I never have any downtime with them, except I reboot it :D

• sandozsandoz Veteran

evorack: do you have any promotions?

• Line 1, Wikipedia:

is the world's most used relational database management system.

I'm guessing it's pretty stable dude.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • vpsdeployvpsdeploy Member
    edited April 2012

You like FR servers? SSD disks?

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited April 2012

Would a Luxembourg server work? If you take a look at a map, Luxembourg is between both NL and DE, so it would be the best choice really.

• Hey @FTN_Kevin I am sorry if I am going off-topic here, but what happened to your Seattle, WA location? I had a VPS once with you guys there.

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited April 2012

@Jeffrey said: Hey @FTN_Kevin I am sorry if I am going off-topic here, but what happened to your Seattle, WA location? I had a VPS once with you guys there.

We have very limited amount of stock in Seattle, because we have decided to stop deploying new servers to that location. Any clients looking for Seattle should seriously consider using our Los Angeles, CA location, which is not far from Seattle at all, and shouldn't be much of a difference in terms of latency. Both states are in the west coast of US and mainly clients from Asia choose such locations for the best latency. Our network in Los Angeles is much better than Seattle as well. We've received no complaints regarding the Los Angeles facility network and alot of our clients from Asia and west coast of the US reported its much better in terms of performance and network than our Seattle location. It makes logical business sense for us to do this, if the Los Angeles network is much better and we have an onsite tech in LA (Ethan) who can manage our cab & servers there conveniently, no point in having both Seattle and Los Angeles locations when they are relatively close states and the benefits for LA outweigh Seattle.

For now we only will have stock in Seattle as clients cancel, and when they do we re-claim the amount of stock accordingly. We have a very low cancellation rate, so if anyone is in need of a Seattle VPS from us, don't hold your breathe, instead consider our Los Angeles location instead which has a much better network and is relatively close to Seattle :) We also offer 3 other locations at the moment other than Los Angeles.

• sandozsandoz Veteran

it will only be used for DB(mysql) hosting
    stability and speed is the most important thing

• fanfan Veteran

@prometeus should be good for your need.

• So much self promotion goes off around here :)

• bobbybobby Member

inceptionhosting sound perfect for you.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Will you be reporting back here at the end of these stability tests?

I mean, we all want to know if MySQL is stable or not...:-)

• The best performance for SQL it's using SSD disks...

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2012

@vpsdeploy Oh come on with this shameless self promoting, once is enough but not in every single thread..

• AmitzAmitz Member

My vote for either edis.at or vmport.com!!

Thanked by 1ElliotJ
  • sandozsandoz Veteran

i think we'll try out urpad in luxemburg
    been with them before, some years ago

• @sandoz there's LEB you can look at it. don't forget about that.

• @sandoz - I dont think that you are making a mistake by going with URPad. I have never had one of their Luxemberg VPSs, but if they are anything like my 2 US VPSs you should be happy.

• laaevlaaev Member

@sandoz said: i think we'll try out urpad in luxemburg

Awesome! Thanks Sandoz and don't hesitate to email or give us a call at 1.888.743.8814 if you have any questions. We are available 24x7.

We look forward to working with you, thanks again for the opportunity.

• sandozsandoz Veteran

please respond to my tweet @urpad

• laaevlaaev Member

@sandoz said: please respond to my tweet @urpad

I've just responded to your tweet.

Thanks!