Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VMBox Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VMBox Review

ksubediksubedi Member
edited March 2014 in Reviews

I don't normally write reviews, but in this case i felt like i had to.

So i had a vps paid annually with vmbox just lying around with 50gb hdd and 3gb ram. I thought i would use it for something i had been working on, and while trying to do a yum update, it took around 10 minutes. This was way more than normal and even the worst vps i have ever had would respond faster than this. I dont normally believe in the dd io test, but i thought i would do that and i got around 20mbps on that. Did it multiple times and got around 40 max.

So i opened a support ticket, here is the screenshot:

The support guy claimed that he was getting better speeds on his side, and was arguing with me that he could not reproduce the speeds and was getting much better speeds on his side with dd tests. I tried multiple times throughout the day and max i could get was around 60. But the whole box felt really really really slow. Even something simple like yum install nano or something like that would take really long time.

Here are screenshots of my dd tests:

http://imgur.com/a/DQVNJ

Anyways, I asked if they could move my box to a different node, and they flat out denied that. I am guessing they dont even have other nodes because it would be really easy to fit one box even if the boxes aready had a lot of vpses with openvz.

And their support guy told me to go buy a server with ssd if i wanted good speed. Instead of trying to help, he was claiming that the problem doesnt even exist in first place after i sent him many screenshots as proof.

Overall, ive never had worse experience with any other company.

Later i found out that they advertise in hackforums, so i guess that explains why their servers are slow. My suggestion would be to stay away from them.

Thanked by 2StevenN AchrafPro

Comments