Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hmmm...buyvm.net down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hmmm...buyvm.net down

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
edited April 2012 in General

Comments

• THEY'RE OUT OF BUSINESS. PANIC!

• Looks nullrouted. Probably DoS again.

• I knew their plans looked unsustainable...

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

They should try that new DOS-protection service from buyvm.net :-)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

[Sat Apr 14 19:40:48 2012] Alarm: 205.185.112.61 [syn] at 60853 pps. Issuing blackhole.
    [Sat Apr 14 20:40:49 2012] deling blackhole for 205.185.112.61
    [Sat Apr 14 20:41:14 2012] Alarm: 205.185.112.61 [syn] at 18199 pps. Issuing blackhole.
    [Sat Apr 14 20:41:15 2012] Alarm: 205.185.112.61 [syn] at 69752 pps. Issuing blackhole.
    [Sat Apr 14 20:41:15 2012] adding blackhole for 205.185.112.61
    [Sat Apr 14 21:41:16 2012] deling blackhole for 205.185.112.61
    [Sat Apr 14 21:41:45 2012] Alarm: 205.185.112.61 [syn] at 26862 pps. Issuing blackhole.
    [Sat Apr 14 21:41:45 2012] Alarm: 205.185.112.61 [syn] at 29228 pps. Issuing blackhole.
    [Sat Apr 14 21:41:45 2012] adding blackhole for 205.185.112.61

Someone isn't very happy :P

We simply didn't have enough time to move it behind the filtering before we left.

Francisco

• I am not happy >_<

LOL!

The funny thing is how the people answers about this :P

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

@Francisco said: We simply didn't have enough time to move it behind the filtering before we left.

So much for pony powered

In seriousness though, I hope whosoever's flooding you stops, as DDoS is childish, not to mention highly illegal and damaging.

• I've come up with a way to end DDOS attacks, but it's just an idea on paper, however it's very effective if it can be implemented, ending them at the source networks. Would save billions and maybe reduce our costs for network access in the end.

Or the telco's pocket all the money anyways lol.

• The VPSs are still up, it's only the main website and staff that are down at the moment...

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

@FRCorey said: I've come up with a way to end DDOS attacks, but it's just an idea on paper, however it's very effective if it can be implemented, ending them at the source networks. Would save billions and maybe reduce our costs for network access in the end.

Or the telco's pocket all the money anyways lol.

Yeah stopping at the source would be the ultimate solution, however the problem with that is, it'd give ISP's way too much power... and the concept of a "free and open internet" would be a thing of the past. But the again, I suppose it's inevitable anyway...

• IMHO the best way to stop DoS attacks is this: find the kid that is DoSing you, visit him personally, apply tar and feather, film it in HD, make it public.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

In fact, vps are down too

Well, just some nodes, i have two and 1 is.down

F*ck, just 2 down and on obe of thosr, my servet xD

Thanked by 1NateN34

Those are unrelated, I think they were both still running .32.

I know oakland or whatever it's listed on there blew out earlier this weekend and is on .32.

02/14 will be back in 5 or so, already emailed egi for a reboot.

Francisco

• @rds100 said: IMHO the best way to stop DoS attacks is this: find the kid that is DoSing you, visit him personally, apply tar and feather, film it in HD, make it public.

Or don't make enemies :P

@circus said: Or don't make enemies :P

I kinda feel like 'Meg' on family guy. People are pissed off at other things and take their hate out on our billing.

'DAMMIT MEG slam' :3

Francisco

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2012
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@liam said: I think ISPS/Datacentres actually love DDOS attacks.

Yeah, data centers love downtime and wasting lots of money.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@liam said: I think ISPS/Datacentres actually love DDOS attacks. It is quite easy really for a datacentre to stop DOS/DDOS attacks but they make all that money from bandwidth charges.

this might be true for small size attacks, but when flood increase 95th pecentile upstream bills I don't think they like it...

• edited April 2012

One day, I can see some laws being put into place that will force ISPs to handle DDoS attacks. In fact, there is already one making its way through the EU (Can't remember its name from the top of my head). But I know that the proposed law makes it illegal to spoof IP addresses, as well as forces service providers to aid in mitigating attacks within 8 hours.

Of course, you could rack up a huge bandwidth bill in 8 hours!

• Hey look! It's @Francisco travelling down the West Coast to fix shiz.

Thanked by 2raindog308 Raymii
  • Would have been a nice opportunity to show how well your DDoS filtering works

• aubsaubs Member

@ElliotJ ... That pic made me LoL :-)

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Would have been a nice opportunity to show how well your DDoS filtering works

We've already done that... just talk to the RO servers that couldn't stay online until they grabbed a filtered IP XD

• twaintwain Member
    edited April 2012

@liam said: I think ISPS/Datacentres actually love DDOS attacks. It is quite easy really for a datacentre to stop DOS/DDOS attacks but they make all that money from bandwidth charges.

Absolutely inaccurate at least in our case. I work for a datacenter in FL and our network engineers are immediately trying to mitigate any sort of ddos attack. There is always a negative effect, no matter how small.

• The biggest fad in the RO (Ragnarok Online private server) community right now is buying cheap booters to DOS your competition offline. The folks at eA about creamed themselves once they learned we were offering DoS filtering so cheaply.

Well well look whos checking let on his wedding party, @Aldryic :p

• Fran and Matt are still asleep... everything starts later this afternoon. It's only 1000h here... about to wake them up so we can go get breakfast :P