Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dixhost?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

dixhost?

twaintwain Member
edited April 2012 in General

Anyone have any experience or tried any of their plans? I'm thinking about it... (nice name too)

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1144708

Comments

• Those prices!

• bijan588bijan588 Member
    edited April 2012

"We are working to migrate of HyperVM to SolusVM, I apologize for the inconvenient"

How many Inconvenient do they have?

(HINT Its a joke)

• 12gb ram for $30? Lol, that's sustainable. According to the trace route on that WHT post it's kimsufi, so no RAID.

• tuxtux Member

@Kairus said: 12gb ram for $30? Lol, that's sustainable. According to the trace route on that WHT post it's kimsufi, so no RAID

There are a few special Kimsufi with software RAID

• They could probably put 4 12gb clients or so on a 25 gb kimsufi (for 65$)

• I order VPS Premium 3
    Hard is very slow, about 12->14MBs, i open ticket and they move my vps to new node
    but hard disk speed about 40MBs and now, it is 15Mbs >"<

• edited July 2012

Temporarily Suspended

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

I am now keeping a Dedicated Server with DixHost.
    Their support sometimes can be fast but sometimes you have to wait for whole day.
    Anyway,take the price into consideration,it is acceptable.

When it comes to VPS,dont think much expectation can be achived.
    You get what you pay for.

• "VPS Premium 3" have 500GB HDD and 6GB ram, but 14MBs is very very slow, i can't rar file, torrent or run ftp backup. %wa (top command) alway 20%->40%

@sieuvocmaytinh said: "VPS Premium 3" have 500GB HDD and 6GB ram, but 14MBs is very very slow, i can't rar file, torrent or run ftp backup. %wa (top command) alway 20%->40%

That's horrible..
    as it has no RAID you can only get this performance.

• I've never trusted a host with a .org domain and I guess I was right!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Jeffrey I'm hurt. Well I have the .com now but I ran .org for a year :P

@Jeffrey said: I've never trusted a host with a .org domain and I guess I was right!

Yup as .org is for non-profit.
    I cannot imagine there are any companies dont wanna make profit.

@jarland said: @Jeffrey I'm hurt. Well I have the .com now but I ran .org for a year :P

Your are a brave guy xD

Thanked by 1jar
  • TazTaz Member

@dearroy I used to run multiple free hosting brands without any Ads. So ya non profit.

• AsadAsad Member

The idiots on WHT who buy into these get what they deserve.

@NinjaHawk said: I used to run multiple free hosting brands without any Ads. So ya non profit

Hmmmm does this non-profit project bring you anything like reputation,operating experience?

• TazTaz Member

@dearroy nothing. Free hosting was basically was like a lab. I used to try new features, ideas and test new configs before I made those changes for premium users ( 2 different brands, never related nor referred to each other).

• TazTaz Member

Plus I could brag my self on various places saying I have hosted more than 40,000 users.

@NinjaHawk said: Plus I could brag my self on various places saying I have hosted more than 40,000 users.

That's true.I am also doing a bunch of free hosting projects.but much shamefully,those free users abuse or just leave the hosting account for no use.
    I cannot find any motivations to provide free service any more.

• TazTaz Member
    edited July 2012

@dearroy it depends on your service type, stability, how you interact with your clients. Treat em like you would treat a pre-sale client and it will be worthy!

• http://hostingpad.tk - I've been running that host since late 2011. Do I regret setting it up? No, I have learned a lot since then and I've gotten a lot of more experience with Kloxo when setting up HostingPad.