Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Do You Use Your Box For?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What Do You Use Your Box For?

I have 5. one i use for my website/blog. the rest are for file storage for my site and seedboxing

Comments

• Relaying, Media Server, Backup Server, Plesk Server, Dev Server, VPN Servers

• My cat uses a box to sleep in. I put a few toys and a blanket in there for her.

• @TarZZ92 said:
    Relaying, Media Server, Backup Server, Plesk Server, Dev Server, VPN Servers

Relaying what?

• Gameservers, znc

• eric1212 said: My cat uses a box to sleep in. I put a few toys and a blanket in there for her.

Ahahahaha

• darknyan said: Relaying what?

DNS Mostly, And BT sync for File Servers

• I use mine to use the search function on lowendtalk.com to search for the dozens of threads on this forum asking exactly the same question month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month ....

Thanked by 2dedicados Rami
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited March 2014

gameserver/znc/dns/mailserver/webserver/cdn/rsync/tor

• @rajprakash said:
    I use mine to use the search function on lowendtalk.com to search for the dozens of threads on this forum asking exactly the same question month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month after month ....

I like these threads. I'm always hoping that I find something funny/usefull to do with my idle servers.

Here is what I'm doing with them:

Thanked by 2Gunter Floris
  • @taronyu said:

What does your skypebot?

• @taronyu for snaper.pw what are you using as the server backend (php, python, ruby, something else), what webserver are you using and how has the load been?

Your teamspeak with 123Systems how has it work (i used to have a vps with them, but it was slow network and I/O about 80% of the time)?

• taronyutaronyu Member
    edited March 2014

@Void_Whisperer said:
    What does your skypebot?

I'm using it in a skype convo with other people.
    .ping(6)
    .tracert
    .whois
    .8ball
    .rps (rock paper scissors)
    .tweet (sends a tweet)

And some more things. Pretty funny and handy. :)

@thekreek said:
    taronyu for snaper.pw what are you using as the server backend (php, python, ruby, something else), what webserver are you using and how has the load been?

Your teamspeak with 123Systems how has it work (i used to have a vps with them, but it was slow network and I/O about 80% of the time)?

PHP, I stole the code from Gyazo (It is on github). I only wanted to use it for myself until some people asked me if they could use it. So I bought a small domain for it and made it public.

And TS is pretty much the only thing that you can a 123system vps. It is indeed extremely slow, I/O sucks, cpu sucks. But TS3 runs pretty good on it.

• @taronyu did you use this repository ( https://github.com/gyazo/Gyazo/tree/master/Server ) by any luck, it's the only official one I have found but it's a ruby app.

Nice idea with the bot, will it be able to continue running with the future changes MS is making on skype? I been thinking in something similar but with whatsapp.

• @thekreek said:
    taronyu did you use this repository ( https://github.com/gyazo/Gyazo/tree/master/Server ) by any luck, it's the only official one I have found but it's a ruby app.

Nice idea with the bot, will it be able to continue running with the future changes MS is making on skype? I been thinking in something similar but with whatsapp.

https://github.com/gyazo/Gyazowin This one is for Windows.

And, I don't know. It is using skype4py, are they planning to remove that?

• I totally misunderstood what this thread would be about.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

SubSonic, 2x ownCloud, 7x VPN, RDP, personal wiki/notebook, Observium, Munin, Nagios, Usener indexer.

• awsonawson Member

4chan archiver

Thanked by 3Pwner Mark_R chrisp
  • @taronyu said:

did you ever think about using the money you spend on those VPSes to get a dedi?

• BradBrad Member

@hostnoob said:
    did you ever think about using the money you spend on those VPSes to get a dedi?

Some prefer having a few VPS than a single dedicated server.

Thanked by 1Noerman
  • NavynNavyn Member

Mostly for web server some are used in my email hosting.

• @hostnoob said:

Totall costs (in dollars): 16, 14, 6, 6, free, 14, 12, 4, 4, free = 76 / 12 = $6.3

Can you please tell me where I can these spec's (SSD, 1gbit network, stable and good uptime) for $6.3?

• d0wnd0wn Member

VPN (openvpn & tinc), haproxy, webhosting, mailserver, bouncer, smokeping, munin, piwik, tweet archiver, DNS Server (opennic) with DNSCrypt support, web2tor proxy, owncloud, btsync, and some other things

• VPNVPN Member

Dedicated server for TCAdmin and a few hundred customers game servers, Backupsy 500GB for secondary DNS and DB backups from the dedi and then another backup dedi from another host with 12TB partitioned for game server backups with hardware RAID.

• JakJak Member

not very upto date https://projak.sx/my-network/ ive ditched the 2fa server and now made it into a cloud storage server with http://pyd.io

• VPN, bouncer, 4tb files
    hue

• Game proxy to reduce ping

• @OkieDoke said:
    Dedicated server for TCAdmin and a few hundred customers game servers, Backupsy 500GB for secondary DNS and DB backups from the dedi and then another backup dedi from another host with 12TB partitioned for game server backups with hardware RAID.

What are the specs of that dedi?

@KrakHead said:
    Game proxy to reduce ping

Wouldn't a proxy cause a ping INCREASE?

• akzakz Member

idling

• sc754sc754 Member

Trying to find a new use for my kimsufi 2g. Any suggestions? VPN and ts3 is all I have right now since I have another webbox I use for web hosting / email