Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LiquidHost - new stuff, Free second IP, DDoS protection, backup space, SLA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LiquidHost - new stuff, Free second IP, DDoS protection, backup space, SLA

AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello fellow forum members,

This time I will begin with the new things. The past couple of weeks, I've spent most of my time tweaking different internal and external monitoring solutions and setting different thresholds. All our nodes are now carefully monitored for abuse both real-time by me and a tech (A new commer in the company, a real life friend of mine) and via different monitoring solutions. I've spent some time, writing a special inhouse monitoring software as well, as there were some fields that were not covered by the popular monitoring solutions, floating around the net. We now run both nodewatch and VPSMON, carefully configured and tweaked for our usage, In addition to our inhouse software and I am glad to report that according to our stats, regular users should benefit from at least 20% increase in performance, if my Math is correct, of course.I am also glad to tell that I've revised all of the companies politics and policys and I can safely say that now we are working much more efficiently and hope that our clients would notice that. After that - we've release our Free backup space (5GB FTP backup space) and free DNS hosting. An account can be aquired by everyone, that has an active service with us. I've also started something that was planned a long ago - a help section (Wiki), which purpose would be to answer pretty much every question that the current or future customer might have. You can visit the Wiki over at: http://help.liquid-solutions.biz/doku.php?id=start . It will be frequently updated with questions and answers, that we receive in our ticket department. A SLA is also something that got recently out, it includes ticket response times and uptime guarantees. It can be found in our Help section (the link is above). As a part of a new, more transperent policy - a public server status page would be released, as well as network status page. The next things on the table to be released are: Automatic rDNS setup from the control panel and pure SSD / SSD Cached servers. Our target is to move all our customers to SSD cached nodes, by the end of April. I am currently discussing work positions with a couple of system administrators (Known in the LEB field), as I am looking for additional tech, to minimise the response times on tickets. IPv6 is also available on our OpenVZ plans (Tunneled for Seattle, Chicago and LA and native for Lenoir).

And now for the offers!
The next 14 days, we will give an extra free IP to every user that signs with us and has a valid justification. Please make sure you open a ticket, requesting the IP and providing the justification for it.

Special DDoS protected server in Chicago:

Non protected 2GB VPS deal:

A true LEB:

Chicago 3GB

Some network information and test files:

http://nc.lg.liquid-solutions.biz/ - Lenoir Looking Glass (Located in Dacentec DC in Lenoir, NC)

http://seattle.lg.liquid-solutions.biz/ - Seattle Looking Glass (Located in Netriver DC, via Colocrossing in Seattle, WA)

http://la.lg.liquid-solutions.biz/ - LA looking Glass (Located in QuadraNet DC, cia ColoCrossing in LA, CA)

IPv6 information:

Tunneled in LA, Chicago and Seattle, via HE's services. Their tunnel nodes are located between 1 and 2 ms away from our nodes, so the overhead is minimal. We offer native IPv6 in Lenoir.

If you have any feedback, suggestions, or just want to chat, hit me up at alex @ liquid-solutions.biz or on skype (alex_barakov). I'd be glad to hear from you!

Thank you for reading through all of this. It is more of a news thread, however I think I am not allowed to post such kind of news, as it would be considered advertising.

Comments

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

What's your DDoS protected upstream in Chicago?

Thanked by 2Phobik Mark_R
  • Do you have DDos protected plans in LA ?

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello,

No, we do not offer anything filtered out of LA. I can, however offer LA filtering, but the pricing would be much higher.

On the other side, we use Sharktech (In FDC DC) in Chicago for the brute filtering of UDP attacks. Some custom inhouse solutions, as well as custom ACLs and firewall is used for the rest of the filtering and it is still in a process of being improved.

Thanked by 1Nyr
  • BellaBella Member
    edited March 2014

How powerful is your DDOS Protection? How many GBPS and PPS can you handle

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

On theory, 10gbps or 6M PPS. However I am not going to guarantee such protection for 3$ per month :) . So far it was very decent and handled everything perfectly.

• hi if i buy

https://liquid-solutions.biz/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=132 - Chicago 7$ per month

do i need to buy also the protection for 3$ per month so it will be 10$?