Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's SolusVM's Slave Only Master License
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's SolusVM's Slave Only Master License

dnwkdnwk Member

I don't quite understand the description for Slave Only Master License. What's that for?

Comments

• It allows you to have a Master without virtualisation (OpenVZ). You cannot add VPS to the master.

This then allows you to add slaves to it on which you can provision VPS.

• dnwkdnwk Member

@Virtovo said:
    It allows you to have a Master without virtualisation (OpenVZ). You cannot add VPS to the master.

This then allows you to add slaves to it on which you can provision VPS.

So, if the server cannot have any visualization, why do I need the slave only license?

Can I add KVM on that machine?

• BruceBruce Member

description is confusing. they say "slave only", but it really is a master. master without VPS.

I suppose some will run the master separate to the slave nodes

• dnwkdnwk Member
    edited March 2014

@Bruce said:
    description is confusing. they say "slave only", but it really is a master. master without VPS.

I suppose some will run the master separate to the slave nodes

Ok. so it is a license for a central control server, right? And I need to use the regular license on each VPS node.

• @dnwk said:
    Ok. so it is a license for a central control server, right?

It's a licence for the master (control only). The reason they call it slave only is because they also offer a master licence which allows you to host OpenVZ containers on the master also.

Thanked by 1Admiral_Awesome