Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

bigbrainglobal
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

bigbrainglobal

What do you think about bigbrainglobal.com ? Who used them? I need some reviews

Comments

• I used their reseller hosting from May until December last year. Almost each month the server goes unreachable due to abuser or network issues. Sometimes the load went very high or RAM maxed out (it was actually hosted on 2GB Xen VPS). I am under the impression that they don't monitor servers well, and that they only act after I send a ticket.

On December, the server had disk corruption and all data is lost. I had to send them my backups to be restored. They said to restore to a new server first thing in the morning, but nothing happened and they stopped responding to my ticket. On the afternoon, I submitted a cancellation request for "end of billing period", and start restoring the backups to another provider. No update for the next 5 days, and when I asked them, they only responded after 2 more days. They said the accounts are not restored due to the cancellation request, despite my end of billing period is due in 2 more weeks.

They did restore the accounts afterward, and issued account credit. They also offered to escalate to management for additional account credit, which I refused. The new server seems to be a dedicated server, which should be more stable. But at that time I was already disappointed by the support and no proper updates given, so I did not continue the service.

VPS or dedicated support might be different, though.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • LeeLee Veteran

Not used them, was considering it in the past but not exactly sure why that never proceeded, you would be better searching over at WHT for reviews as they are not lowend and are probably not used so much by people here.

• Who is the owner of bigbrainglobal and does he/she have a past that we should be wary of?

• @DalComp said:
    I used their reseller hosting from May until December last year. Almost each month the server goes unreachable due to abuser or network issues. Sometimes the load went very high or RAM maxed out (it was actually hosted on 2GB Xen VPS). I am under the impression that they don't monitor servers well, and that they only act after I send a ticket.

On December, the server had disk corruption and all data is lost. I had to send them my backups to be restored. They said to restore to a new server first thing in the morning, but nothing happened and they stopped responding to my ticket. On the afternoon, I submitted a cancellation request for "end of billing period", and start restoring the backups to another provider. No update for the next 5 days, and when I asked them, they only responded after 2 more days. They said the accounts are not restored due to the cancellation request, despite my end of billing period is due in 2 more weeks.

They did restore the accounts afterward, and issued account credit. They also offered to escalate to management for additional account credit, which I refused. The new server seems to be a dedicated server, which should be more stable. But at that time I was already disappointed by the support and no proper updates given, so I did not continue the service.

VPS or dedicated support might be different, though.

Hello @DalComp,
    I am sorry to hear of your issues with our services. We have been making some significant investments in improving our Shared Hosting Setup and I am confident to say that the new system has been online for several months without downtime.

We did have some legacy shared server nodes on some of our older Xen Hypervisors, all of which have been migrated to some newer hardware with much better specs.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or if you would like to give us a second chance, I am sure that you will not be disappointed.

@vampireJ said:
    Who is the owner of bigbrainglobal and does he/she have a past that we should be wary of?

Preface : I am not the Owner of BigBrain Global but rather a member of the Management Team.

BigBrain Global's owner does not have a history that anyone should be wary of. Brian is a stand up guy and my only issue with him is he is a bit short :) but then again, I am a giant compared to most. I have personally been with the company for 2 years and I have seen significant growth under his leadership. The core management team has been in place for several years. We are a bit more active on WebHostingTalk however.

I hope that answers everyone's questions and feel free to reach out to me if you have any further questions or issues that I can address.

• I had server with BBG. i had little issues with slow latency and server overloading after downloading big data to server (probably only this server issue). but support is helpfull and tries to help, i can recommend BBG and i will buy server from them in future probably

• @postcd, thank you for kind words. We did have an issue or two back in 2014 with server capacity but we've added several more servers into our clusters. You're welcome to try us again - just put your screen name in the order notes and we'll take care of it. I've alerted the billing and provisioning team of your screen name and this post.