Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud Linux Alternative
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud Linux Alternative

FRCoreyFRCorey Member
edited April 2012 in General

I thought there was another cloud Linux type service out there but can't find it again. You can't use CL inside ovz containers yet.

Comments

• laaevlaaev Member

1H might be what you are looking for. Hope this helped :)

http://www.1h.com/

• Yep that's them. Think I'll wait on CL to become compatible with ovz.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@FRCorey said: Think I'll wait on CL to become compatible with ovz.

Technically it's just not compatible with the OpenVZ kernel, I'm sure you can compile your own kernel though to make it work though.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

It's not hard to make your own version with some scripting, but it wouldn't work inside of an OVZ just because you don't have access to cgroups/etc.

I had a bunch of scripts to help with rate limiting on a centos 6 box.

Francisco

• We'll luckily I have not come across a shared hosting customer who tries to use up all the resources of any server. knock on wood

edited April 2012

If all you're looking for is to combat resource abuse, CSF can handle that for you. When I ran free web hosting companies CSF was the best tool on my servers and kept the loads extremely low by limiting CPU and RAM per cPanel user (I was able to run 1200+ cPanel accounts on a Intel Atom 330 without hitting 50% CPU or RAM).

• tuxtux Member

@KuJoe said: I was able to run 1200+ cPanel accounts on a Intel Atom 330 without hitting 50% CPU or RAM

Overselling...

• @tux said: Overselling...

He said free hosting. He wasn't selling anything. ;)

edited April 2012

@tux said: Overselling...

@subigo was correct. No selling = no overselling. ;) And for what it's worth, it wasn't oversold even if I was selling it. :P

@DotVPS said: Which part of Config file did you update to get this..

SECTION:Process Tracking
    PT_USERPROC
    PT_USERMEM
    PT_USERTIME
    PT_USERKILL (I wouldn't use this for paying clients but if you find resource hogs on your system setting this to 1 will automate things for you but might anger your clients. I was running a free web host so I felt comfortable setting this to 1.)
    PT_USERKILL
    PT_USER_ACTION

Thanked by 1postcd