Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS/(Semi) Dedi for p2p
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS/(Semi) Dedi for p2p

Hey, I'm looking for a vps on which I can downloads & share files via P2P.

By p2p I just mean torrenting from PRIVATE trackers and no public crap.
Bw: true unlimited
Ram: 1gb min for fast checking torrents
Space: min 1tb
Price: 20-30 usd

Pref linux with templates for debian/'buntu , will run transmission.

cheers

Comments

• r0t3nr0t3n Member
    edited March 2014

ovh/soyoustart/kimsufi/online.net

• infectedinfected Member
    edited March 2014

@r0t3n said:
    ovh/soyoustart/kimsufi/online.net

is soyoustart located in germany :o ??
    also i used to have a kimsufi 24g or sth years back but thats gone :(

thx mate

• How much bandwidth are you looking for?

• @MassNodes said:
    How much bandwidth are you looking for?

~10tb

• r0t3nr0t3n Member

@infected soyoustart is ovh, if you select one of their france locations its only next door to germany (online.net is france based also)

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Hello,
    We offer VPS for P2P with good speed & unmettered Bandwidth, detail: http://greencloudvps.com/cart.php?gid=8
    From $18/month, contact me for 10% off first month :) Thanks!

• @NDTN said:
    unmettered Bandwidth

What's unmettered?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited March 2014

Sometimes 100Mbit or 1Gbit and multiple servers on it, so possible you get only 50kb/s upload.
    Yeah one host is offering WindowsVPS on unmetered connection with 50kb/s upload.

• The main issue here is the heavy IO torrenting requires. You'll want to go with SSD storage if you want to get optimal seeding speed since you're sharing the disk IO with others.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host
    edited March 2014

My typo, it's unmetered instead :)

@joodle said:
    What's unmettered?

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited March 2014

@ElliotJ said:
    The main issue here is the heavy IO torrenting requires. You'll want to go with SSD storage if you want to get optimal seeding speed since you're sharing the disk IO with others.

Modern torrent clients like rTorrent & Deluge will cache a huge part of populair requested data pieces in the ram memory, this behaivor reduces the IO usage alot.

Ofcourse SSD will still speed things up overall but it makes a little difference. You better invest that money you would pay extra for SSD to expand your normal HDD's storage space / ram memory if you are a heavy torrent user.

• got an online.net dedi , thus far satisfied even tho I prefer NL , if anyone has some offers for a cheap windows / linux vps in nl pm me ^^

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@ElliotJ said:
    The main issue here is the heavy IO torrenting requires. You'll want to go with SSD storage if you want to get optimal seeding speed since you're sharing the disk IO with others.

Once the torrents are downloaded, and your just seeding. Your only reading the disk which doesn't really affect I/O.

-

• does it matter to the provider if one uses public or private trackers?

• @kerouac said:
    does it matter to the provider if one uses public or private trackers?

ye id say all p2p seedbox / dedi providers allow torrenting as long from private