Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM Offline? All nodes offline?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM Offline? All nodes offline?

Roughly 12 hours ago 3 of my VPS's on S7-ATL (Atlanta node) went offline. I waited patiently for the last 12 hours without submitting a ticket as I thought the issue would be resolved promptly and didn't want to request credit for the downtime.

Now the main site (www.BlueVM.com) is offline and it appears that all of their nodes are offline according to other people.

I have reason to believe they might have taken their main site offline to prevent people from filing tickets requesting for credit for the extreme downtime.

Does anybody know when BlueVM will be online? All of their communications are down, all of their nodes are down & I'm not sure exactly what to do..

Comments

• sonicsonic Veteran

Main site down
    Feathur online
    My both VPS online.

• Looks like my VPS on S15-CA is also down. Feathur is not responding any of my command.

• WorldWorld Veteran

@Bluevm What's up?

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited March 2014

@Edo said:
    Bluevm What's up?

Doesn't seem good.

Last Active February 27

• said: I have reason to believe they might have taken their main site offline to prevent people from filing tickets requesting for credit for the extreme downtime.

Errr, right. Because you can't do that once they're back online?

• @mpkossen said:
    Errr, right. Because you can't do that once they're back online?

Have any other explanation for them taking their main site offline? I've been watching the situation carefully, first my node went offline, Feathur went down too, but BlueVM was still working (their main site) then 4-5 hours later, the main site went down and it's been down for well over 2 hours now.

• FritzFritz Veteran

Mine is down as well. Few minutes ago. LA node.
    Shoot!

• All of my services restored after 15 minutes of making this thread. That was fast BlueVM, took you long enough.

• S15-CA just came back online a few minutes ago.

• The main site is not opening from my end

• NekkiNekki Veteran

They've been weathering a nasty DDoS since Thursday apparently.

• Their Switzerland node was running fine all the time.

• amjamj Member

My one on S8-NY (Buffalo, NY) is working well.

• All my BlueVM nodes are up.

• MunMun Member
    edited March 2014

nm

• I have a web hosting reseller with them, and all sites are up.

• My nodes are all online. The last alert triggered for a Blue VM host was 65 days ago.

• akzakz Member

mines are alive and well as well

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Swiss is running :D

• http://uptime.bluevm.com/ everything seems online... BUT,

• @PremiumN said:

Because both are having a different approach in defining what uptime is meant. The BlueVM uptime-script is showing network uptime. The isitup-uptime is connecting to a webserver by using a domain. Result: the network might be up, but the webserver might be down.

• @viCommunications said: stuff

Your question doesn't make sense. I still see no reason for them take down their main site in case of a service disruption. It's probably related to the disruption.

• main site is up now

• Their main site is finally back up for me however my services are still down.

• Yep me to getting the main site now

• @viCommunications Why didn't you asked on IRC before opening a thread here? This is not BlueVM's Support Forum...

Thanked by 2mpkossen Magiobiwan
  • I guess they are working on it judging by the people who state things are coming back online.

• We have been working on it. We had several large DDOS attacks come from various sources. Our IRC has been online the entire time and we're continuing to monitor the situation.

Thanked by 2mpkossen Mark_R
  • MorningIrisMorningIris Member
    edited March 2014

edit

• @MorningIris - Tickets are handled on our support system. You can use IRC for status updates and asking general questions however.