Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mail server using Minstall in Debian 6.0
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mail server using Minstall in Debian 6.0

I've installed a server using Minstall script, however I want to also install Squirrelmail and all the necessary stuff to send and receive email and have a webmail.

Is there any tutorial explainning this? Thans.

Comments

• You do realize that Debian 6 is nearing end of life? And that various thing may break when you try to upgrade it to Debian 7? You should build on Debian 7 now.

Thanked by 1tux
  • MunMun Member

I suggest you do not build your own mail server. There is a lot of things you must do, and it isn't easy. You are better off paying google to host a small business mail account.

If you need bulk sending, I suggest using mandrill.com

Mun

• lestilesti Member

Thanks for all the replies.
    I don't want to send any bulk mailing, I just want to learn how to setup my own email server. Thanks for the suggestions!

• madspace2.rajeshprakash.com/lowendvpsconfig.htm may be helpful

• Mun said: I suggest you do not build your own mail server. There is a lot of things you must do, and it isn't easy. You are better off paying google to host a small business mail account.

So, we shouldn't try to do things that are difficult and instead pay commercial providers instead? Can't say I agree with that thinking.