Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Evorack Twitter Prize Draw (Win £15!)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Evorack Twitter Prize Draw (Win £15!)

edited April 2012 in Providers

Hi Everyone,

Just to let the LET community know that Evorack has a twitter account (@evorack). So, if anyone is interested in hearing the latest gossip going through our heads, be sure to follow us :)

Update (Prize Draw)
@liam suggested that Evorack run a Raffle, which I think is a fantastic idea! So, here goes:

Once the Evorack Twitter account reaches 100 followers, we will draw a follower at random, and will give them £15 free credit! This will get you 6 months free on our VPS128 plan using the LEB coupon code (LEB2012NEWSITE), but you can use the credit towards any of our plans.

If you are a current Evorack customer, the credit will be added to your current credit balance. If you are not an Evorack customer, you will need to sign up and pay for one month of service (This is due to our strict anti- fraud policy that is out of my hands, I'm afraid), but the credit will be applied immediately :)

Update (More Draws!)
Folks, this seems to be very popular! So what we're going to do is do the draw as above, but do a second draw if we reach 125 followers, and a third if we reach 150! (You can only win once though, just to keep things fair) :)

Update (Nearly There for Three Draws!)
Wow, we're already at 125! This means that at 6:15 tonight UK time there will be at least 2 draws! Let's see if we can get this number up to 150 legit followers so that there will be 3 draws!

So, get following!!
https://twitter.com/#!/evorack

Cheers,

Jonny

Comments

• @liam, you know we never really considered having a contest, but that's a really good idea! :)

Thing is though, since the followers number is public, won't people just not follow and wait?

• @Jonny_Evorack That's why you pick a random follower ;)

• @liam @Martin Ah yes, that would be a better idea! Doh!

• Ok, raffle started! Let's get following! :)

• fanfan Veteran

Joined. :D

• @liam, this is actually quite fun! It's nice to bring a little fun on a friday, isn't it? :)

• I suppose I better make a script that picks a random follower from a CSV import :)

Unless anyone can think of a better way to draw a follower?

• I've found http://www.twitterdraw.com/

Any better suggestions?? :)

• JTRJTR Member

Looks good. I don't think there are any better ways.

• Looks fine to me :)

• Your follows looked like they jumped up, I followed at around 89 and your at 100 by the time my page refreshes bots much?

• AsimAsim Member

105 followers

• edited April 2012

Hi Everyone,

As @Asim has mentioned, we are now at 105 followers! Thanks to everyone who is now following us. @Taylor, no, I don't believe that these are bots, as they seem to have a decent amount of followers and follows :)

The draw will be placed at 8:15pm tonight UK time. At least one draw will occur, as we are at 105 followers. If we reach 125-149 followers two draws, and 150+ three draws. The number of followers will be reviewed tomorrow sometime to see if we should do another draw :)

Cheers

Jonny

• Keep on following though to help us to get 125 and 150!! :)

• Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately, it appears that there are some bots signing up fake twitter accounts for this draw. As such, we have decided to only allow entries from accounts that look legitimate at our discretion. I know this may seem harsh, but we need to be fair to the proper entries. I'm keen to hear community feedback on this though.

Thanks

Jonny

Thanked by 1Asim
  • TaylorTaylor Member
    edited April 2012

@Jonny_Evorack said: bots signing up fake twitter account

Hate to say i told you so :p That does still mean three draws?

• @Taylor, We will have to remove followers that don't seem to be legit, and it depends what the number is after that. I estimate that about 30-40 are fake at the minute, so keep following! :)

Unfortunately, this means that the draw won't be done tonight, but don't worry guys, I'll make sure that all account that seem legit well be entered into the draw fair and square :)

Cheers

Jonny

• debugdebug Member

I hope I'm not a bot, I just don't use twitter that much :(

• aubsaubs Member

I'm following. Sure it'll be obvious who I am! :)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2012

I just got you up to 160 followers. ;)

• I'm following too :)

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited April 2012

Number 161!

• Im real :P @titanicsaled on twitter

Why dont you make a list of verified people on here, and then add people to it as they post to confirm?

• I followed! Never use twitter lol, only other time I've used it is to follow someone else doing a similar contest (not for money though).

• @Kairus said: not for money though

For science right?

• @Taylor said: For science right?

FOR SPARTA!

• Hi Everyone,

In order to make sure that the malicious entries don't get counted, here is what we are doing:

We are actively removing followers who don't seem to use their twitter account. If you are someone who doesn't use their twitter account, but has put in a genuine entry, please PM me your twitter handle and I'll see that you get entered.

I hope this sounds fair to everyone. Feedback is very welcome

Thanks

Jonny

• Also, we are currently only at 123 followers (Number went down after malicious users were removed), so please keep following (if you are a legit user of course) :)

• FYI: We are going to run the draw on Sat 14th April at 6:30pm UK time

Cheers

Jonny

• vldvld Member
    edited April 2012

So who won?

Edit: Congratulations to @deevidh and @JackNClarke for winning £15 of @evorack credit each! We will be in touch with you guys via Twitter DM soon