Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is M$ Windows datacenter licensing cost increased?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is M$ Windows datacenter licensing cost increased?

PatsPats Member
edited February 2014 in General

As per email from Burst, they're increasing $2 per plan!!

Please be advised that pricing will be increasing on your BurstNET Windows VPS service(s) as of your next upcoming renewal date. This small increase is necessary due to BurstNET's associated expenses rising to continue providing this service to you. These increased costs include 2014 price increases from Microsoft on Windows licensing, as well as power costs rising from our utility provider. The price increase from Microsoft was significant, and just too much for us to fully absorb, as we typically have done in the past.

Windows VPS #1 - $7.95 to $9.95 (per month) - Specs: 1GHZ CPU, 512MB RAM, 20GB RAID HD, 1TB BANDWIDTH

Comments

• Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter Edition

Windows Server 2012 Datacenter Edition

Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter Edition

Windows Server 2008 Datacenter Edition

My prices have not changed, nor have those on Newegg. BurstNet is as full of shit as they've always been.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

said: as well as power costs rising from our utility provider

@HardCloud you shouldn't forget this part too. Might not directly be a M$ issue, but they are factoring the cost in.

@Pats I am presuming you have a monthly contract and thus you will have to go with new pricing. Luckily for people who paid for a yearly contract, they will not face this till next due date - after a year :P

• eLohkCalbeLohkCalb Member
    edited February 2014

MS SPLA did impose an increment of 38% on the DC edition starting 2014, and there will be another 13% increase in 2015, so yes be ready for the price hike.

• eLohkCalb said: increment of 38%

38% !! oh shit!!... sorry.. i mean MicroShit!!

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2014

@Pats said:
    As per email from Burst, they're increasing $2 per plan!!

Microsoft Windows increase price by 40%

Not only increase price but also start auditing 30k Windows SPLA Members, Currently they are auditing my company from last 1 month and I don't think they will complete this until April.

Microsoft is WASTING my time. useless SAM Audit.. Grrrr!!!!

They ask me "What is AutoBoot?".. (Asking personal question)

• and they wonder why some users use illegal copies. (and even some providers here too which i will not name)

• DewlanceVPS said: They ask me "What is AutoBoot?".. (Asking personal question)

ouch! so 'personal' question!!

• DewlanceVPS said: They ask me "What is AutoBoot?".. (Asking personal question)

they wanna buy you !!!

• They ask me "What is AutoBoot?".. (Asking personal question)

Yes very personal, maybe they wanted to forward your details on to HR, Autoboot truely is magic, on the plus side I bet you felt a large sense of pride explaining this awesome feature..

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • nonuby said: forward your details on to HR

nah... to the core-technical-group with comment.. why the heck we're using Ctrl-Alt-Del for so long when 'Autoboot' will just sense it and 'Just Do It' !!

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@DewlanceVPS said:

Same here. Some useless audit where they don't even understand how hosting works and how most clients don't last more than a few months. Been going on since Jan and I am sure it will be completed by April like you.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2014

Some of the license prices for SPLA licenses went up on January 1, 2014 (including Data Center), and more increases are coming on January 1, 2015 (both Data Center and Standard).

• I just bought mine... SPLA has always been too expensive -_-.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

HardCloud said: I just bought mine... SPLA has always been too expensive -_-.

Buying a license is not permitted if you're offering hosting/VPS services. You have to go with SPLA.

Thanked by 2DeletedUser Spencer