Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rate Our New Design & Give Us Feedback!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rate Our New Design & Give Us Feedback!

BlueVMBlueVM Member
edited April 2012 in General

Alright so we're getting ready to finish our redesign of BlueVM to support our new plans. So if you would review our new design we'd appreciate it...

Design Example: http://www.bluevm.com/releases/new.jpg

Positive or negative, your feedback is appreciated.

Comments

• laaevlaaev Member

That looks alright, the banner does remind me of BuyVM though.

• fanfan Veteran

Not bad, and "add to card"? :D

• @FTN - Possibly so... really was trying to avoid that look.

@Fan - Rough draft LOL

• ZettaZetta Member

The way "Communication" is in your logo makes me think you sell VoIP/phone services. :P

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member
    edited April 2012

Umm... I don't like the shiny navigation bar / buttons, or the shiny blue color.
    Footer and logo on top is good, I like it. Sharp & professional.

edit: navigation bar

• @DotVPS - No I did not... my partner did. He's our design master :)

• NickMNickM Member

There's a few things I don't like. "Choose your method of distribution"? Also, the navigation bar ("Home", "About", etc), is too tall. And lastly, please, please, please change "C-Panel Login" - you're going to confuse a lot of people who don't know the first thing about VPSes and are looking for shared hosting into thinking that you're just another CPanel web host.

• @NickM said: There's a few things I don't like. "Choose your method of distribution"? Also, the navigation bar ("Home", "About", etc), is too tall. And lastly, please, please, please change "C-Panel Login" - you're going to confuse a lot of people who don't know the first thing about VPSes and are looking for shared hosting into thinking that you're just another CPanel web host.

Yeah my partner isn't a linux guy... I already told him about your first point. I agree on the other 2 :)

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

My two cents:

• Be sure to check for typos, there are quite a few (plus some unclear terms).
    • Make the plans, menu buttons, and basically the entire main content area darker, it's far too bright now to read comfortably.
    • Only make the arrows on the slider appear when mousing over the edges, as they obscure the text now.

It does look nice, just readability is quite behind in the current draft, mostly because of the color scheme.

• I don't really like these kind of designs but it's good.

• Arrow button images on the slider look horrible.

• LESLES Member

The arrow button on the slider overlapping the image, don't like this.
    Rest of the design looks very nice!

• tommytommy Member

maybe you need to choose another color combination. light blue too bright to me, and increase the widht

• It's decent, but the buttons are obnoxious looking and the blue is a bit much.

However, I do have one pointer based on your current site: CONSISTENCY. You can't have multiple versions of your site sitting around. Everything needs to be consistient - fonts, images, layout and ESPECIALLY menu location/options.

• Maybe make the background for all the plans the same color as the 256/512 one, and give a hilighted one a different color? It just needs more contrast. Too much blue!

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • I think it's an impressive bit of design work.

But in my opinion (which counts for bugger-all) it's over-designed -- too much design -- for your target market.

I think that something much simpler and cleaner, making strong use of CSS instead of graphics, would have a greater appeal. A lightning-fast site that looks cool and screams 'Web 2012' would be awesome, rather than a lot of Photoshop work diced & spliced for web transport... but hey, I'm probably wrong :)