Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Setup multi-protocol VPN server with freeradius authentication?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Setup multi-protocol VPN server with freeradius authentication?

Hello!

I tried softether, but it seems like radius (or anything beyond password) authentication doesn't work yet. I currently have 1 server that will be the VPN server and 1 freeradius server setup. Eventually, I'd like different servers setup in different locations (current VPN server will be in a location so me and my buddies can gamble online). I also want to use this as a learning experience - so I'd like to learn how to setup OpenVPN, PPTP, etc... on 1 server to authenticate to a freeradius server. I'm assuming I'd have to setup each one one at a time? I couldn't find a tutorial on setting up all of them at once.

It's a CentOS 6 server if that helps and I'd prefer to stick to that.

Should I install a SSL certificate? I have a wildcard certificate that I use on a webserver we share too.

Thanks!

Comments

• Maybe you need to read freeradius's FAQ
    Actullay it's quite easy to make authentication work,but for functions like disconnecting a user,it's really hard
    Plus:you can ask some Chinese for help as a lot of them have such experience

• I found a tutorial on setting PPTP, but I'm looking more for a tutorial on OpenVPN, PPTP, IPsec VPN server setups rather than the actual freeradius server installation and setup. I have the freeradius server setup and ready to go, I just need to setup the VPN servers to authenticate with it.

• Contact http://safesrv.net/ or read some of their tuts for a better understanding.

• I found safesrv when I first started looking into setting up a VPN server - that's how I wound up wanting a freeradius authentication. They don't seem to be too active anymore, half their links point to their blog now and a lot are broken. I found 1 tutorial on there for openvpn I think early on. I guess I do have to just setup each protocol one-by-one.

Thanks!

• well for openvpn ,there's no official support for radius,but you cn find plugins on github.
    for ipsec ,you can read strongswan's wiki