Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fake details provided to provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fake details provided to provider

buyerbewarebuyerbeware Member
edited February 2014 in Reviews

I've been scammed by perfecthosting.guru and I want to warn people about them because no customer deserves bad support and no refunds as I've experienced.
I've read about lots of scammers in this market but I never thought I'd be preyed by one of them and a nasty one too. Read on...

Warning: After reading reviews, I purchased a 12-month, unmanaged vps Centos 6, Xen, 1gb ram 40gb storage last summer from phoenixvps.com (based on good reviews) as it was named in summer of 2013, now perfecthosting.guru, and in 2012 their vps web hosting name was vpsnodebox.
What is the reason for the annual name change? Be sure to ask those scammers about that. As many people know, only companies with a bad reputation change their dba and perfecthosting.guru company changed it 3 times in 3 years! Legitimate and reliable companies don't have annual name changes.

Seeing that's it's unmanaged vps I never expected much from perfecthosting.guru aka phoenixvps.com aka vpsnodebox but what I paid for, a working vps and customer service for server and hosting problems.
I've submitted tickets that revealed the surly side of Marc the one who listed phoenixvps.com specs on lowendtalk.com. One ticket in particular, submitted 1/3/14, where I had no control panel access showed me that those people don't care about servicing their customers. It took him 6 days to grant me access to the control panel. Ensuring that I have access to the control panel so I can reboot the vps and change ssh was not a priority for perfecthosting.guru aka phoenixvps.com aka vpsnodebox.

Anyway my really horrible experience was yet to begin. Fast forward to this month. ****No vps access** and sites down since 1st week in February**. I went to phoenixvps.com website to login to the control panel and open a support ticked about my vps not working and I saw the "under maintenance" sign. I sent an email to [email protected] telling them vps down, sites down, request refund. I had no other way to contact phoenixvps.com aka vpsnodebox now perfecthosting.guru.

There was NO email notification in my inbox (I always check spam box to) stating that there were server migrations or new vps ip address names assigned. And the only indication I had that phoenixvps.com changed its name to perfecthosting.guru was after I logged into cp.phoenixvps.com SolusVM panel which doesn't have a support ticket system where I can notify them. My vps ip address was still listed. Minutes later, I saw an email with the subject heading " Control Panel Login Notification" and I was confused by the sender "Perfect Hosting Guru" since I never purchased hosting from a company with that name. I opened the email and saw the username that phoenixvps.com assigned me. There was a 520 or 522 connection error on perfecthosting.guru site so I had no login access.

Frustrated, I scanned all emails but there was no email from perfecthosting.guru aka phoenixvps.com aka vpsnodebox about server migration or vps ip address changes or name change from phoenixvps.com changed to perfecthosting.guru. I did a Google search for perfecthosting.guru and nothing came up. And the .guru tld also perplexed me since it was the first time seeing it so I thought it was a joke. I had to go to internic to check .guru to see if it was legitimate and found out that it came out January 28th for experts and self-proclaimed experts. I guess that the boys at perfecthosting.guru aka phoenixvps.com aka vpsnodebox thought this was a good time to jump on the guru bandwagon to get more suckers.

No one responded to the email I sent to [email protected] so on February 18th, I sent a ticket to [email protected] and I got an email from a nameless thing claiming that,
"Your sites haven't been down and there have been announcements posted. Your VPS was moved and your IP changed, however that didn't but 30 minutes. We offer credits to our customers if we inconvenience them in any way, however we do not offer refunds."

I responded that NO one at perfecthosting.guru aka phoenixvps.com aka vpsnodebox sent me any email notification of vps migration or ip changes or even name changes and to date. I had found phoenixvps.com on lowendbox.com and I told them that I will give a review of my bad experience with perfecthosting.guru aka phoenixvps.com aka vpsnodebox on lowendbox.com and other forums because that is now the way you treat paying customers.
I stated that the ONLY emails I get from phoenixvps or your newly incarnated perfecthosting.guru are the "Control Panel Login Notification" emails.

Instead of perfecthosting.guru resending me an email they claimed to have sent about notifying me of vps migrations and ip changes, a michael c. said they'll file a fraudreport for "bad reviews" I post.
A reputable company would have resent me an email with the new vps control panel login details with the new company name. I replied that I will report my BAD EXPERIENCE on lowendbox where I found them and other forums because NO paying customer should have to put up with no vps service for weeks, no support, and liars at perfecthosting.guru.
I LOST income from my website as a result of my vps not working. The right thing to do would be to refund me for no working vps for this months and unused months.

I then saw a "Service Suspension Notice" from perfecthosting.guru and a nameless thing, sent another email claiming I'm making false accusation.

I could continue about my bad experience with those lying ba______ at perfecthosting.guru but **it's important that I warn people about perfecthosting.guru aka phoenixvps.com aka vpsnodebox scammers because we all pay for reliable services and customers need
to know who and what they are dealing with online especially when red flags like annual name changes and bad reviews are reported. Buyer beware and don't pay for annual service upfront. **

If only perfecthosting.guru aka phoenixvps.com aka vpsnodebox had emailed me about the upcoming vps migration and ip address change, I would have been prepared to update dns servers on time and perform other tasks to ensure that my sites were up and running.
Instead, by not providing any support that a legitimite company would, or correcting their errors in good time, they effectively stole my prepaid vps money and denied me a source of income for weeks. Hence, they are thieves.

perfecthosting.guru michael c said they don't give refunds, only credits. I've been forced to look for another vps as a result of the total lack of customer service and no respect from those people at perfecthosting.guru. I have lost income as a result of not having vps service that I prepaid for.

**Facts: **
1. No vps access and sites down since 1st week in February.
2. To date, 2/23/14 the "under maintenance sign is still displays but they they forward the url to the new perfecthosting.guru site formerly phoenixvps.com in 2013 and vpsnodebox.com in 2012.
3. **Red flag: perfecthosting.guru has 3 name changes in 3 short years -- perfecthosting.guru 2014, phoenixvps.com in summer of 2013, and vpsnodebox in later 2014. **
4. No refunds for horrible service from perfecthosting.guru.
5. No email notifications for vps migrations or ip changes.
6. No common courtesy.

You have been warned. Don't be preyed upon by those perfecthosting.guru thieves.

Thanked by 1Chumbi

Comments

• Pretty sure this thread is going to be entertaining. Good stuff.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
  • I'm pretty sure that there's some bullshit happening... first post a "scam notice"?

• @Rallias said:
    I'm pretty sure that there's some bullshit happening... first post a "scam notice"?

Yes, but DRAMA!

Thanked by 2raindog308 vedran
  • Thanked by 1nullnull
  • damn, that wall of text. -skip

• @Mark_R said:
    damn, that wall of text. -skip

And don't even get me started on the incorrect capitalisation of the username...

• @Nekki said:
    And don't even get me started on the incorrect capitalisation of the username...

You seem to be on a roll today. :P

• OP supplied false information during signup and got suspended. We asked him to supply us with a real address and phone number at the very least. He refused and made threats that he will post reviews all over the Internet. I am very sorry, however we cannot allow fraudulent accounts. @mpkossen can you please take a look at this? Thank you.

• Now you folks should well know that 1% of forum users actually post. The rest just read and lurk. Beside honestly how many people actually review a provider if everything is going right?

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @lazyt this review is by someone who used a stolen paypal account to purchase a VPS from us, refused to provide us his real information, uses SSH tunnels via other providers to log into our customer portal and talks "dirty" (to say the least) to us when asking for support. If these aren't signs of a fraudulent account, I don't know what its. And now he is all irritated because he got suspended for providing us is false information.

• Now we have the story from two sides. And where the OP now? Did he just vanished after one post?

• ErawanArifNugroho said: Now we have the story from two sides. And where the OP now? Did he just vanished after one post?

He's off to other forums to spread the word. In the meantime I'm going to have to find out who he is and file a complaint or two. That is if I'm lucky enough and he lives inside the U.S.

• how fast is the world turning? when did that new gtld launch that these guys already started a brand; got a customer; and resulted in customer posting bad reviews...

• @kerouac it's not a new company, and we're pretty well known around here. Read my previous comments. It's sad, however this is a first when I see someone do this after buying a VPS with a stolen PayPal account.

• @marcm said:
    kerouac it's not a new company, and we're pretty well known around here. Read my previous comments. It's sad, however this is a first when I see someone do this after buying a VPS with a stolen PayPal account.

I pulled a TL;DR on the first post. So name before perfecthosting.guru was phoenixhost or was it perfecthosting dot something else?

• kerouac said: I pulled a TL;DR on the first post. So name before perfecthosting.guru was phoenixhost or was it perfecthosting dot something else?

Phoenixhost and before that the somewhat chewy VPSNodeBox.

• @kerouac it's PhoenixVPS :-) The service is being rebranded restructured, however no one experienced any prolonged downtime, except for some VPS servers that were migrated which was like 10 to 30 minutes per VPS, otherwise this forum would be full of angry customers. The OP got angry because we closed his fraudulent account. He made threats repeatedly that he would post bad reviews all over the place if we don't reactivate his account. We said we would, if he would provide us with his real information. For now we are talking to PayPal and pursuing other avenues. If he lives in the U.S. then I will take legal action.

• @marcm said:
    kerouac it's PhoenixVPS :-) The service is being rebranded restructured, however no one experienced any prolonged downtime, except for some VPS servers that were migrated which was like 10 to 30 minutes per VPS, otherwise this forum would be full of angry customers. The OP got angry because we closed his fraudulent account. He made threats repeatedly that he would post bad reviews all over the place if we don't reactivate his account. We said we would, if he would provide us with his real information. For now we are talking to PayPal and pursuing other avenues. If he lives in the U.S. then I will take legal action.

It's potentially my under-updated browser (Chromium 31.0.1650.63) but I get a Google search result when I type your guru domain. It works properly only when I put in a http:// in the beginning. This may not be a global issue, but I'd advise against using such domains for business. At least just not yet. It could cause issues with sending/receiving emails as well. Of course perfect and guru feels a bit too much as well, but it's just my opinion. ;)

• @kerouac it remains to be seen, as we own a pretty healthy number of domain names. Primarily we wanted to get the "VPS" part out of the name. Having a name that is remembered isn't easy to do. I agree, it can sound like overkill. As far as issues with emails, they work perfectly.

We just finished implementing PayPal Billing Agreements and a new Stripe module, and we are working on other back-end enhancements, for example we are working on a SolusVM WHMCS module to allow customers 100% access to their VPS from the billing area. The service has to offer value, so that's what I'm working on.

I am sorry you had to see a post like this, however we didn't give in to his threats when we suspended his account. This is the result.

• @marcm said:
    OP supplied false information during signup and got suspended. We asked him to supply us with a real address and phone number at the very least. He refused and made threats that he will post reviews all over the Internet. I am very sorry, however we cannot allow fraudulent accounts. mpkossen can you please take a look at this? Thank you.

Oh, the snake rears his ugly head...so here you are marc slandering me and lying about using a fake paypal account. Nice going. I'm keeping track of your dishonest and unreliable "business" practices and your slanderous statements about my bad experience with perfecthosting.guru aka phoenixvps.com aka vpsnodebox aka [fill in the blanks] anyone. WHY the hell did you change your company's name 3 times in 3 short years, huh? Be a good boy and tell all of us.

Now you have @nekki and a couple others on here watching your back in an attempt to discredit me and slander me? I told you that I'll be warning other vps buyers about my terrible experience with you people.

Thanked by 1Chumbi
  • marcmmarcm Member
    edited February 2014

@buyerbeware I can't slander and discredit you because I don't know who you are. You have used false information to register and used a stolen or hacked PayPal account to sign up. You tunnel in from other providers to hide your real IP. For someone who fraudulently signed up you have allot of nerve. We can re-brand as many times as we want, it's our problem. We do it publicly so there isn't an issue with that.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @buyerbeware said:
    Now you have nekki and a couple others on here watching your back in an attempt to discredit me and slander me? I told you that I'll be warning other vps buyers about my terrible experience with you people.

Time to 'fess up, Marc is paying me to watch his back and slander you by pointing out incorrect capitalisation, in an effort to discredit you. I know I was wrong to do this, but I am a VPS addict and Mark offered me a free week on his smallest plan. I know feel extremely remorseful for my actions and beg you forgiveness.

• @lazyt said:
    Now you folks should well know that 1% of forum users actually post. The rest just read and lurk. Beside honestly how many people actually review a provider if everything is going right?

Many people have bad experience with web hosting providers and when they report it to the provider it gets resolved or they get a refund or they tell others like I'm doing. NO where in perfecthosting.guru aka phoenixvps.com aks vpsnodbox aka fillintheblanks that's operated by marc states that there's no refund for prepaid 12-month vps web hosting. I wrote about my experience at length because I want everyone to know what can happen when you have a bad vps company with at least 4 name changes in 3 short years and end up losing money and time. Now he's trying to do damage control and give a lame reason for 4 name changes in 3 short years. You want a reputable company that offers 99% uptime. I know that before the latest name change to perfecthosting.guru phoenixvps.com had hacker attacks to the servers and since their vps plan includes ddos protection, well, if ddos protection isn't working then there goes that critical feature. So who takes the fall? Paying clients. If the web hosting cannot protect servers from attacks then the client has to do so and I removed my contact info because someone accessed it AFTER the hacker attack not before. Most companies won't admit to ddos (Bluehost recently had hacked and that's a big company so they can weather the storm but that 2 bit thing marc will never admit to a ddos. ONE simple email notification about upcoming vps and ip changes would have prepared me as already stated.

@rallias If you can read my username is buyerbeware. I came here to report my horrible experience with perfecthosting.guru aka phoenixvps.com aks vpsnodbox aka fillintheblanks

• @buyerbeware said:
    rallias If you can read my username is buyerbeware. I came here to report my horrible experience with perfecthosting.guru aka phoenixvps.com aks vpsnodbox aka fillintheblanks

Holy shit, fillintheblanks.com is registered at a site called Mark.com! That's the same as @MarcM's name, but with a different spelling! Coincidence?

Thanked by 2raindog308 mpkossen
  • buyerbeware said: I know that before the latest name change to perfecthosting.guru phoenixvps.com had hacker attacks to the servers...

@buyerbeware Making false accusations like this can cost you money in the end. I don't know who you are yet, but you can rest assured that I will take legal action. Where do you come off with this nonsense?

We were never hacked. What the hell? How can someone make up stuff like this? Just because you hide behind anonymity doesn't give you the right to spread FUD about our business.

@Nekki Thanks for the laughs :-)

• @lazyt I have nothing to lose by leaving an honest review of my bad experience. That ba____ told me I should move on. Well, I'm moving on but I want others to know that there are inferior vps providers like marc at perfecthosting.guru aka phoenixvps.com aka vpsnodebox aka [fill in the blanks] and they have to be prepared to deal with scammers that take your money, don't provide essential customer service, lie about sending email notifications on CRITICAL things you need to know about and prepare for like vps migration and ip changes so you ensure a smooth transition so there's little downtime on your websites.

I got the service suspension notice on the 22nd and before that, my vps and hence website was down since early February even after all the emails back and forth. They never even bothered resending email notification after I emailed them. A reputable company would have done this but not the nasty things at perfecthosting.guru aka phoenixvps.com aka vpsnodebox aka [fill in the blanks]...

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited February 2014

@buyerbeware If you want to leave an "honest" review then provide us with your name, address and phone number.

We would have accepted the information on your PayPal transaction if it would have been real.

If you're confused, read the TOS: https://portal.perfecthosting.guru/terms-of-service

1. Use of Services

The Subscriber may use our services, provided that she or he is of legal age to form a binding contract and is not barred from receiving such services under the laws of the United States or other jurisdictions. In order to access our services, the subscriber is required to provide current and factual identification, contact, and other information as part of the registration process.

Maybe you want to explain here why you fraudulently signed up. I'm sure at least a few of us here on LET would like to know.

• Justin_GJustin_G Member
    edited February 2014

I might just have to get a vps from guys (perfect hosting) cause of this thread...

Thanked by 2marcm Pwner
  • You are not going to discredit or slander me for leaving an honest review of your inept service. You claim that I stole someone Paypal account? I've already lost money thanks to your total lack of notification about vps migration and ip changes. You're a thief, you stole my money.

You can change your name another 20 times but your service still sucks because you still suck. You have no customer service skills or common courtesy and that's why ever so often you need a name change to hide your incompetence because you keep losing paying customers. Now you want to justify the name change well, everyone here reading this is laughing because they know that persons and companies of illrepute change their name and start all over again. And you claim that you're making backend enhancements, well, what you need to do is get counseling for to improve your social skills and take a course in good customer service.

You can hide behind your computer screen and threaten me for exposing you as a damn liar who only takes vps clients money. I know that I'm not the only customer who's been forced to look for another web hosting provider.

This discussion has been closed.