Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virpus one week review - Terrible and planned fraud keep away
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virpus one week review - Terrible and planned fraud keep away

I am a regular user of LET, using hosting service for the last 8 years from various companies, regularly read wht but not post much since i am not an ardent user of hosting services, just to learn few things i come here, I wish to share my one week experience with the company Virpus which gave me lot of head ache, raised my BP to abnormal level, read further to understand.

It all started with one fine morning when I browsed WHT and decided to buy a VPS, I searched the whole forum and found this hideous company ( Virpus) unfortunately and I regret for that decision. I found that they are providing ( originally not) a direct admin free license ( as advertised but it seems they never have any VPS or such license) with their VPS if someone pays for six months ( yummy- you can cheat them with 6 months of their money).

I got the VPS login info immediately since it’s automated, it never worked, I am unable to login to the server, I thought they will install direct admin and then give the login to me, wrote a ticket and waited for full day. There is no reply from any of them and its given that to install a panel they need 24 hours, hence waited for one another day, there is no reply.

I smelled something fishy, wrote a ticket in my login, and then the nightmare started, no one replied to the ticket for 24 hours, its very complicated to deal with this guys. Suddenly I got a reply stating that they are checking ( only checking but I found that its their practice to write some reply to the ticket so that people wont go for LET and other forums and even if they go Virpus can claim that a reply was given- A nice practice) . Then I waited for one full day and the person ( George as the ticket claims) never replied back, I wondered what is there to take four days to install a direct admin panel.

Then meanwhile I wrote a pm to one Mr.Ken in this forum who claim that he is running Virpus but there is no reply for three days. ( I am sure its operated by some school going kid, whenever he is free he login to the panel and check who is fooled by them today). I really got worried since in my experience I never faced this kind of fraudsters and all companies I had dealt with is really good one and they reply mostly within 10 hours maximum.

I become worried since there is no reply for them, wrote several tickets and I found that they will never install direct admin or give the server login which works properly, I don’t know what to do, waited for days.

Then I raised a cancellation request after 4 days (their TOS tells that in 3 days they will refund money) and also wrote to the ticket that if they are giving the direct admin login after installing I can continue but beautifully as expected they had cancelled the server and stopped replying. I lost my money, I don’t mind losing my money I at least wish that others may not get cheated further by this hideous company (not a company, one or two or may be few persons). They technically forgot ( intentionally) to read the tickets which I raised to install direct admin and attended only the cancellation request immediately see how nicely they are working with a definite plan to cheat people.

I read their TOS if you see that every company TOS will start about their service, acceptable usage, and then payment, continuation service etc, if you see Virpus TOS it starts with how they will cancel the server, how they will leave you abandoned and in what ways you will be cheated by them will the first few paragraphs. I read that and understood that many customers used foul language to their non-existent customer support only when they feel that they are getting cheated and Virpus take it as an advantage to down their server, take their money and claim its in their TOS.

Their TOS is full of words about terminating service such as what ever we do we will terminate if you scold us, terminating service if you use foul language, and also they mentioned that we have to behave nicely with their customer support even if they don’t reply for an year or two or else they will cancel their servers since it’s the property of Virpus, god someone should teach a lesson to this fellows. I think many customers might have thought lesson to their customer support persons already owing to this guy’s cheating methods.

My experience with them is summarised below and it may be my advice to all fellow Virpus’ians

No one works in that so called company only one is replying to the tickets once in a day so that they can claim that the tickets are replied
Never buy any server with them for production purpose you will end up in heavy mental tension
Person who are having high blood pressure are advised to avoid Virpus
Read their funny terms of service it tells that you should not curse them, don’t curse them, after all it’s your decision to buy a server with them so enjoying losing money to them.
They don’t install anything, anything automated will work if not it’s your good luck check your horoscope clearly before buying a server with them
Don’t expect any kind of support even if their server is dead, you directly go to their home ( not office) and start the server which will be the best way to get the server up or else it won’t work
They will simply prolong your tickets to claim that they are working on your server, once in a day you will get reply, once in three days they will apologise but will never do any work which they are supposed to do

I am writing this not to claim back my money I know that its gone and those cheaters will do anything for not refunding money let it be theirs, let them have it with them as they wish. I wish LET and its users will take some efforts so that other people won’t get cheated by this fellows.

Normally i never wrote any complaint threads or even complain about a company since I do know that it will affect their business. This time i thought of telling this here in LET since i thought it may help many to reveal about their hideous practices since i am amazed to see how beautifully people are getting cheated. Also i went to Virpus only since they are here and also advertising in LET.

May god bless them, good luck to Virpus Ken in cheating others.

Note : I had purchased another VPS yesterday with Dominionhosting and the direct admin panel is installed immediately within three hours, its working fine now.

Will you purchase from Virpus
  1. Yes why not its one's independent decision22 votes
    1. Nope i wont
      81.82%
    2. May be but after seeing others opinion
      18.18%

Comments

• You spelt your username wrong, there are two m's in 'programmer'.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • nope i intentionally made it like that ;) for some reasons...

• If you intentionally spell words incorrectly, I'm afraid I'm unable to spare the time to read your tl;dr rant.

Change your name to the correct spelling and perhaps we can be friends again.

• You should've asked around about virpus before you made your purchase :P

• @Nekki wth does the spelling of someones username have to do with their feelings and the validity of their review? Is it that time of the month or something and just don't feel like being nice today? Seriously?

@programer sorry to hear you were cheated by such a company.

Cheers!

• @Nekki said:
    If you intentionally spell words incorrectly, I'm afraid I'm unable to spare the time to read your tl;dr rant.

Since when do we have a rule that user names are supposed to be proper nouns? As a case in point, I've never seen the name Nekki anywhere except in this forum. Is it a variation on the mythological figure Loki? Something related to nectar? Who cares?

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    Nekki wth does the spelling of someones username have to do with their feelings and the validity of their review? Is it that time of the month or something and just don't feel like being nice today? Seriously?

programer sorry to hear you were cheated by such a company.

Cheers!

Agree with you, this is about review folks not about it's name or username or whatever you find wrong instead of read all post.

Sorry to read about your situation.

• I find it common to find providers with poor uptime, io, bandwidth and other things but generally trying to run a company. But there are always the ones that you can find are new on the block and just kids trying to make some summer money.

• I do not have any recent experience with them, but few years back I have used their free DA offer for around $3/m on a 512MB OpenVZ VPS, and the support was fine and it took them few hours to issue me the free license. I didn't renew due to constant downtime and performance issues.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I was also a customer back in the days, seemed fine with me, but I am not demanding at all. This was many years before, though, I dont remember how many, but I constantly heard bad reviews about them, so, if I want something really cheap, I go with GVH, for example, when quality does not matter, at least get the lowest price and highest specs.

• You all make me very sad. Seems like the bantersaurus may be extinct round these parts now.

• @Nekki said:
    If you intentionally spell words incorrectly, I'm afraid I'm unable to spare the time to read your tl;dr rant.

Change your name to the correct spelling and perhaps we can be friends again.

LOL =))

• @sonic said:
    LOL =)) I tried to change the user name but its not allowing to change, if possible i will change, unfortunately my mail is created with this name only >

I read few mixed review about Virpus and now i have my own story, its a new technic they had invented and adopting to cheat the clients, tyrants..

• @sonic said:
    LOL =))

Come ride with me upon the back of the mighty bantersaurus, so that we may spread the occasional LOL to those not filled to the brim with anger.

Thanked by 2Infinity sonic
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Curious, did you order the OpenVZ or XEN package?

I've used Virpus for a couple of years on different plans and while the disk I/O is not good, it is ok/acceptable I have had no problem as long as you don't have to use the support (or they do get hacked and a few nodes are deleted).

Ken has always been nice when the tickets has been escalted to him (happens evertime).

• I've been with Virpus for just about 4 months now and I have had 0 problems. My VPS has not gone offline once. I'm on their XenPV node in Kansas City. Here's a benchmark:

CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency :  3599.998 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 489 MB
    Total amount of swap : 1023 MB
    System uptime :   46 days, 21:00,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 10.5MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 4.71MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 4.28MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 775KB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 709KB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 997KB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 639KB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 1.09MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 1.29MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 2.94MB/s
    I/O speed :  184 MB/s

• @ub3rstar said:
    I've been with Virpus for just about 4 months now and I have had 0 problems. My VPS has not gone offline once. I'm on their XenPV node in Kansas City. Here's a benchmark:

As I said its my personal experience and if you have good service you may use it.. Experience differs, Virpus may be good but they failed to service me for no reason, i paid and i am not offered with the service and also cheated hence i am upset, if your servers runs fine. well and good. Also a download speed of 775,997, 709 kb / s is good ? LOL...

Till date there is no reply for the refund request, as their terms of service says " you will be ignored for this reasons.. " I am seeing that this is the only company who have a TOS which says in what ways the servers will be taken down and in what way your tickets will be ignored, no other company even think of conveying this.

Virpus Ken is one arrogant person I had ever noted in my experience with the hosting industry. Also why they failed to answer my tickets for one full week and cancelled my server immediately when i raised a cancellation ticket ( in that i had clearly mentioned that you can cancel only if you refund or let it be there), they clearly took only that cancellation part but failed to read the remaining part of the ticket. How funny is it.

Its a planned cheating and still if some of you want to buy with Virpus... Good luck.. Give a try...

• @MikHo said:
    Curious, did you order the OpenVZ or XEN package?

I've used Virpus for a couple of years on different plans and while the disk I/O is not good, it is ok/acceptable I have had no problem as long as you don't have to use the support (or they do get hacked and a few nodes are deleted).

Ken has always been nice when the tickets has been escalted to him (happens evertime).

Why that Ken never replied for one week, i wrote five escalation tickets which are simply ignored, either he is no more with Virpus or he is going to school and not having leave nowadays due to heavy home work... what is the real reason? None of my escalation ticket is answered then why the hell they have a procedure called as escalation.

Any proof if needed can be given for my experience...

• I've heard plenty of horrid stories about Virpus, enough for me to stay far, far away!

• Would it be possible to keep a review within a few readable paragraphs? It's all that's really needed.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@programer said:
    Any proof if needed can be given for my experience...

I'm not questioning your experience, I'm only curious if you had the XEN or OpenVZ package from Virpus.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Same author?

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/22350/virpus-one-week-review-terrible-and-planned-fraud-keep-away

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/22381/don-t-buy-perfecthosting-guru-vps-webhosting-because-horrible-support-no-refunds

Long opening rant by non-native speaker from a British-influenced country (judging by the spelling)...both joined in the last 24 hours...could just be a coincidence.

• @raindog308 said:
    Same author?

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/22350/virpus-one-week-review-terrible-and-planned-fraud-keep-away

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/22381/don-t-buy-perfecthosting-guru-vps-webhosting-because-horrible-support-no-refunds

Long opening rant by non-native speaker from a British-influenced country (judging by the spelling)...both joined in the last 24 hours...could just be a coincidence.

@raindog308: Good invention :) but not the same author... You missed this time..And i dont rant, this forum is meant for sharing the experience which I did, that to in a proper thread. Any experience will help the users to take a decision when they are supposed to and its our motto to start this thread. Also we never used perfecthosting.

Also I wonder what is there in British influenced country? When a review is written just stick to that content and write related content which will help users to share information. Your racial oriented comments are not necessary now...

@mikho : Openvz package from Virpus

@markcm : Yes its possible, will try next time

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited February 2014

@raindog308 no it's not, and the author is from the US. I have his name and address. This person buys and sells allot of domain names amongst other things. He is borderline paranoid about wiping his tracks, however sometimes he leaves just enough to get caught.

@mpkossen This guy wasted allot of valuable time. I think it's worth looking into.

• @raindog308 said:
    Same author?

One is from India where the other seems from the US (IP-wise). So, it's probably different people. I do agree that both "reviews" have the same style and seem to be more like rants than reviews.

• mpkossen said: One is from India where the other seems from the US (IP-wise). So, it's probably different people. I do agree that both "reviews" have the same style and seem to be more like rants than reviews.

@mpkossen after reading a bit more I agree that they aren't the same people, but the other one is 110% from the US.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @mpkossen said:
    One is from India where the other seems from the US (IP-wise). So, it's probably different people. I do agree that both "reviews" have the same style and seem to be more like rants than reviews.

How both differs? There is nothing much to review when you are not provided with the service, in that case obviously it becomes rant.. Let it be..

• @programer wong what with you?

• programer said: There is nothing much to review when you are not provided with the service, in that case obviously it becomes rant.

For not having much to review, you wrote a lot. You could have pulled out the unimportant parts out and got it down to a paragraph or two. Hence, you come across as ranting.

• @Nekki said:

Not having much to review? What exactly to be reviewed when a service is not provided?