Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They call it Digital Ocean killer. A cloud service from Choopa/Constant: https://www.vultr.com/ - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

They call it Digital Ocean killer. A cloud service from Choopa/Constant: https://www.vultr.com/

Comments

• BradBrad Member
    edited March 2014

@melfy said:
    serverian They're lookin' at you now

Still can't beat 250/500GB for $5/7

• marcmmarcm Member

The storage VPS packages, are those RAID 10, RAID50 or RAID5? I seriously doubt that they are RAID 6 or 60.

• kyakykyaky Member
    edited March 2014

1 CPU 1024MB MEMORY 320GB STORAGE 2000 GB TRANSFER Monthly
    $8.00
    Hourly
    $0.012

now it has become "backupsy" killer? oh no... Oktay help!!! @serverian

• Nek minnit... @serverian offers Quad core, 8gb Ram, 1TB Storage & 10TB Bandwith for $5 a month... on another note, i would get many of these.. MANYY!!!

• @AutoSnipe said:
    Nek minnit... serverian offers Quad core, 8gb Ram, 1TB Storage & 10TB Bandwith for $5 a month... on another note, i would get many of these.. MANYY!!!

Where you see that?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2014

rmlhhd said: Where you see that?

LET consists of two groups of people: non-native-English speakers making bad jokes, and non-native-English speakers failing to get those entirely. I guess by this post I now join both of those at once.

• marcmmarcm Member

Это не плохая шутка вовсе: люди в России не может управлять.

• @marcm said:
    Это не плохая шутка вовсе: люди в России не может управлять.

Why are you spamming here ? How that video related to this topic ?

• marcmmarcm Member

alexvolk said: Why are you spamming here ? How that video related to this topic ?

It was in reference to the comment about bad jokes. YouTube has tons of these videos, but if it bothers you I'll remove it.

• @tchen said:
    P.S. I did this for a living so I've more than brushed up on the actual copyright case laws. The risk of DO ever winning any claim under the copyright statute is effectively zilch.

I think you are right. We took the nefarious Dominion Hosting right to the supreme court last year for stealing our website design pixel for pixel, but the copyright judge ruled in their favour. :(

• @Brad said:
    Still can't beat 250/500GB for $5/7

In theory yes, you pay $90, get a total credit of $180, then the actual price the first year for the 640 GB storage plan is only $7.5/mo

• edited March 2014

@myhken said:

I like how they are doubling the money you put it at first; it turned the $75 I put in into enough to host my 3 vpses for 7 monts worry-free.

• Just noticed something odd that worries me slightly; my 'server' is using alot of BW with nothing running:

• @Void_Whisperer said:
    Just noticed something odd that worries me slightly; my 'server' is using alot of BW with nothing running:

Do you noticed any incoming connection, ntp, or maybe open proxy? Try to check local broadcast message, usually they will ask for arp or even requesting ntp.

My DO droplet were wasting about 30GB without serving anything, and some connection were because incoming connection wasting the bandwidth.

Try to install tshark or run tcpdump

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Try to install tshark or run tcpdump

I'll run a tcpdump, sec

• Yep alot of ARP and something related to google DNS. Any way to filter those out so I stop wasting my BW?

• The only option is only dropping the port or the request from the IP. If we have internal/private lan, try to disable it, and see the different.

• @Void_Whisperer said:
    Just noticed something odd that worries me slightly; my 'server' is using alot of BW with nothing running:

You are thinking that 24 MB BW is allot? It's not 24 MB/s, but 24 MB total.
    But you are right, my idle servers is using allot BW, can't understand where all the incoming BW is coming from, since I'm not using the servers at all, beside monitor uptime.

Server 1

Server2

• So that's not MB/s and I shouldn't be worried about it using 24MB for ARP requests? Thanks.

• This is one of my munin traffic info

• seikan said: I am wondering if possible they open SG node to compete DO.

No, they won't - Constant and Vultr are based on Choopas Gameservers.com colocations behind their own AS (so not ZA and alike).

• The network is amazing and the servers are performing well thus far

• instatechinstatech Member
    edited March 2014

Digitalocean don't offer high storage plans so vultr have advantage over them.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

hmmm can i switch the box later to another location?

• awsonawson Member

@DaveA said:
    Double Ram Promo starts now!

https://www.vultr.com/news/9/Double-RAM-Coupon

Can these coupons be used every time we launch an instance or just once?

• DaveADaveA Member

@awson - Yes each time you launch. RAM is doubled for life of instance. If you destroy it and the promo is no longer available the RAM will be the normal allocation.

@Infinity580 - No, only if the promo is still valid. Snapshots/Backup is coming soon so if the instance is moved later it will be at the rates effective of the launch of the new instance.

• DaveADaveA Member

@amarc - Thats unfortunate, we will be changing our smtp-blocking policy shortly but to avoid being sidetracked by abuse during this important phase the policy will remain for a short while longer.

Thanked by 1Joe_NQ
  • edited March 2014

@DaveA said:
    Double Ram Promo starts now!

https://www.vultr.com/news/9/Double-RAM-Coupon

Oh my god. That is awesome.

Btw DaveA, we are allowed to use most of the 1/2/etc core given on our servers, right? (I ask because the game servers I host use like 50%)