Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Uptime Monitor Google Docs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Uptime Monitor Google Docs

SpencerSpencer Member
edited April 2012 in General

I found this on a website today, it is very interesting. Nice to have. You can monitor your servers with google docs and get e-mails if they go down. And it even has a table that you can look at. Very nice
http://www.labnol.org/internet/website-uptime-monitor/21060/

Thanked by 3vedran Damian netomx

Comments

• That's actually a pretty awesome use of Google Docs.

• Be warned that it's not accurate. For example in the previous night I was waken up by that (Google Docs) thing while it is a false positive.

• AsimAsim Member

Awesome

@klikli it may happen when intermediate hardware or network routes have issues. I cancelled one VPS with Quickweb just because it was having the same issue with neither I nor Quickweb could fix and my NAGIOS was sending false alarms

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@klikli said: Be warned that it's not accurate. For example in the previous night I was waken up by that (Google Docs) thing while it is a false positive.

I don't know how it works (I havent read the code) but my code also gives false positives, and I'm pinging 10 times! :(