Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is port 25 being block?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is port 25 being block?

Hello, normally I wouldn't ask such a simple question, but this is troubling me.

I have a VPS (OpenVz) where I installed VestaCP and CSF, it's a regular install nothing has been tweaked.

Everything had been working fine (I was able to send and receive emails from the VPS with webmail) and suddenly the VPS stopped receiving emails.

I have tested exim4, its active the process. The vps is able to send email to any account (local domain or external domains (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)). But when you reply to the email no email lands on the vps.

I have tested the MX records and it seems that the port its block.

Here is a copy of the csf list, according to me I havent block port 25.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/85ew1jvaustrc5b/csf-list.txt

I have contacted my vps provider and the answer was that they dont have my ip block.

Can any body help me, reading the list and confirming it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Have you tried to connect to it externally manually, such as with telnet <address> 25?

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • +1 to telnet. I usually use it for testing smtp/ssh/whatever if I think something is being blocked. You could also using nmap or the like to scan the server to see which ports are open.

• Hi, Stop the csf try again, if not ask your provider about it.

• Thanks guys for your answers, turned out that exim wasnt listening on port 25.
    I missed the config file, everything running at the moment.