Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Limiting bandwidth based on IP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Limiting bandwidth based on IP

SamPSamP Member
edited February 2014 in Help

Hello, I have a wordpress site hosted in a vps, lately it was found that my vps was sending DOS attacks to other servers. I am not sure if there is any vulnerability in the plugins i use, however disabling them now would cost me a lot. Each of my website visitor hardly consumes 10mb of bandwidth each day, so as for now i planning to place limitation on bandwidth(say 100mb per day) to every IP's that my vps makes connection with, any easy way to make that possible?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Why do you make 2 threads?

• SamPSamP Member
    edited February 2014

It was unintentional, i got disconnected in my previous attempt to post this thread, so i thought the thread were not posted, so did it once again. I realize now that the connection was lost only after the thread was posted, I have requested mods to delete the other one. Sorry for the trouble.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Keeping a backdoored plugin is just asking for trouble. And are you sure that your whole VPS isn't hacked?

• racksxracksx Member
    edited February 2014

Hello, install csf firewall, it has a settings which limit the outgoing packets in order to block outgoing ddos attacks

• @Alex_LiquidHost said:
    Keeping a backdoored plugin is just asking for trouble. And are you sure that your whole VPS isn't hacked?

I am doing this only as a temporary solution, so that i could have more time to troubleshoot the issue.

• @racksx said:
    Hello, install csf firewall, it has a settings which limit the outgoing packets in order to block outgoing ddos attacks

Thanks, i will try this, will this tool work smooth in 512mb ram vps?

• @SamP said:

That you need to test and tell us, but -60/70% it will work just fine.

• [racksx signature]: Costin C

Is it Constantine Coundonaries?

• racksxracksx Member
    edited February 2014

It is CosTin that simple. Just simple name instead of Constantine

Also : http://www.behindthename.com/name/costin

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho