Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Load Balancing with Multiple Datacenters & Anycast
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Load Balancing with Multiple Datacenters & Anycast

I did not try it yet but found interesting.OVH seems to become a strong competitor for multiple technologies.

The Load Balancing IP is an IP address supported by the OVH network, which spreads the load between the IP addresses of your different services over our PoPs. It brings you better performances, failure tolerance, a higher SLA and and optimised response times, and as close as possible to your users, thanks to the Anycast technology.

http://www.ovh.com/us/solutions/ip-load-balancing/

Comments

• Couldn't stop wondering why would you need a custom SSL certificate if using an anycasted IP? Anyone?

• For load balancing across multiple datacenters, don't you need... multiple datacenters enabled to load balance with? I mean god damn, they're pulling an @VolumeDrive right now.

• @Rallias said:
    For load balancing across multiple datacenters, don't you need... multiple datacenters enabled to load balance with? I mean god damn, they're pulling an VolumeDrive right now.

If you go one the French/Irish site, the list of enabled locations is the inverse of the US page.