Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Burstnet spam
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Burstnet spam

Anyone else get the following email? Do you know where they are getting addresses from?

They need to get someone to proof read their advertisements.

xxxxxxx,

Hi...

We understand you are in the market for 
Colocation services in the US currently.
BurstNET has a brand new facility that recently 
opened in the past year in Pennsylvania!
Details: http://www.burst.net/dc2-pa.shtml
Please give us full specs for your requirement as 
well as requested budget, and we what we have available to meet your needs.
We are negotiating heavily, to fill up this 
facility quickly...so now is the time to buy! ;-)

We also do not "nickel and dime" our clients, and 
don't charge for minor remote hands needs, such 
as reboots, drive swaps, adding RAM, etc...
Our onsite staff is about as competent as you can 
get, as our company has over 23+ years in experience in this industry.

Comments

• At least they're being humble by not saying that they have 100+ years of experience.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Once you send a email to burstnet for support/quota then they will add your email in their newsletter.

• @DewlanceVPS said:
    Once you send a email to burstnet for support/quota then they will add your email in their newsletter.

That's the thing. I never have ;)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I have had that in the past but I had service with them about 3 years ago so I just assumed they keep emails for this.

My opinion is that BurstNET is failing, for too long they have assumed being cheap is all that is needed to corner the budget market, they were very slow to adapt to the market changes over the last 3 years and have had a shake up to try and get back on track.

3 years ago it was common to see BurstNET staff on WHT saying thing like "You want budget service and the ability to open tickets" to customers.

• I'm pretty sure I saw a thread about their spam on WHT a year or so ago and they said they purchase lists.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Microlinux said:
    I'm pretty sure I saw a thread about their spam on WHT a year or so ago and they said they purchase lists.

Correct

• Virtovo said: That's the thing. I never have ;)

Me neither, they scrape DBs or something. There are some posts on WHT about it, I have one in the WHT premium section which I dont have access too any longer. They also never got back in touch with me about removing it form their list.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2014

Could be leaked databases, maybe the stolen VD data, in any case, I agree with Anthony. Many "cheap" providers will fail this year.
    On thing to note, they used to send me that spam eversince i signed up many years ago and they rejected me for being romanian. Could have been even 10 years, at least 8, got it up to last year, but now I dont get it anymore. I think they radically changed their lists.