Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Dedicated Server] Can you do it cheaper?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Dedicated Server] Can you do it cheaper?

DarioXDarioX Member
edited February 2014 in Requests

I would need something similar to http://datasoft.ws/ds_premiumdedicated.php ("Starter" Plan)

Ideally around 30$. No need for managed service, hdd space and ram not important.
Actually just want to know if this is even nearly possible.

Thanks!

Comments

• Yes it is posible and i think if you search more you can get it.

Thanked by 1DarioX
  • @racksx said:
    Yes it is posible and i think if you search more you can get it.

Hey thanks for reply. Could you please link some offers you know? I searched a lot, but with no luck. :(

PS: We are talking about 2 x Intel XEON L5420 CPUs here. Just to make it clear.

• FluXFluX Member
    edited February 2014

@racksx said:
    Yes it is posible and i think if you search more you can get it.

Saying its possible without any extra input isn't much help.

@DarioX said:
    I would need something similar to http://datasoft.ws/ds_premiumdedicated.php ("Starter" Plan)

Ideally around 30$. No need for managed service, hdd space and ram not important.
    Actually just want to know if this is even nearly possible.

Thanks!

You aren't likely to get it if you're just ordering 1 server or going for a month-month basis. If you're okay with paying every quarter maybe you might. It seems like you just need processing power, there are better cpu/cost processors out there.
    The 2xL5639 and 2xL5650 were between 50-70$ before the crazy cpu mining spree happened. Those processors if you can get for that price are much better bang for your $

Thanked by 1DarioX
  • Do you need a US location? I can point you to much better offers for cheaper prices in EU.

Thanked by 1DarioX
  • DarioXDarioX Member
    edited February 2014

@dhamaniasad said:
    Do you need a US location? I can point you to much better offers for cheaper prices in EU.

Sure, just keep the links coming please. Thanks :)

@FluX said:
    You aren't likely to get it if you're just ordering 1 server or going for a month-month basis. If you're okay with paying every quarter maybe you might. It seems like you just need processing power, there are better cpu/cost processors out there.

That's what I've seen also.

Everything better then L5420 for that price is also good.

• Kimsufi and Online.net are 30 Euros excl. Vat. That's too much for me right now. :(
    I would rather have much less ram and hdd, but more processing power.

Oneprovider has the best packages sold out. :(

Thanks for the links tho, will keep an eye on Oneprovider.

• Just one thing. Oneprovider's support is slow as hell. But anyways no other problems with them, they're just reselling from online.net.

Thanked by 1DarioX
  • @pbalazs123 said:
    Just one thing. Oneprovider's support is slow as hell. But anyways no other problems with them, they're just reselling from online.net.

Thanks for the info. So you don't recommend them?

Any other suggestions guys?

• @FluX said:
    The 2xL5639 and 2xL5650 were between 50-70$ before the crazy cpu mining spree happened. Those processors if you can get for that price are much better bang for your $

Where can you get a dual 5630 for that price range?

• tuguhosttuguhost Member
    edited February 2014

edit : it seem they have upgrade from 1 month ago -_-

• kyaky said: Where can you get a dual 5630 for that price range?

We can do 2xL5630 for $74/month

• Fliphost/CloudShards has a nice deal going on. 24GB RAM, Dual L5520, 10TB BW, 1TB HDD for $49.

• jeromezajeromeza Member
    edited February 2014

Re - Fliphost/CloudShards has a nice deal going on. 24GB RAM, Dual L5520, 10TB BW, 1TB HDD for $49.

Found it here as link wasn't present above:

http://lowendbox.com/blog/fliphost-49-month-dual-intel-xeon-l5520-dedicated-server-in-dallas/

OUT OF STOCK!

• Thanks for the suggestions guys, but it's all over my budget of 30$. The first answers made me hope.. :( thanks anyway!

• @DarioX what about Delimiter's Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB - $20/month (paid quarterly) or $30/month (paid month-to-month)

• jeromezajeromeza Member
    edited February 2014

@DarioX - Personally I wouldn't go with Delimiter. They cancelled my account when I complained about non delivery and then they cancelled my brothers order simply to be petty.

Additionally I recommended them on the biggest tech forum in my country and they disappointed users there too.

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/591145-I-just-bought-my-first-dedicated-server-at-a-STEAL

"Wow, I have never had such a terrible experience with a service provider before. I personally would not recommend Delimiter.

Their response was unprofessional and when I asked what checks were failed, they just closed the ticket."

However maybe you have a better experience than I did. Good luck!

Thanked by 1kerouac
  • Send in a sales ticket to Cloud Shards or Fliphost. Might be able to do something

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

We can get close to your budget in Atlanta.

Core 2 Quad Q9550

8 GB RAM

250 GB Hard Drive

5 IP addresses

20 TB Bandwidth / 1 Gbps Port

$39.99 per month

• @MarkTurner said:
    DarioX what about Delimiter's Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB - $20/month (paid quarterly) or $30/month (paid month-to-month)

How much for 2 extra IPs?

• @ztec said:
    How much for 2 extra IPs?

From memory I think they're $1/ea with justification.

• belinikbelinik Member
    edited February 2014

it's 2 dollar / ip I recall as I was reviewing my invoice this morning. Do note they are having massive delay due to ATL storm and my order from 28th Jan has not been updated. If you can wait for deployment it is a good deal but sadly it was beyond my estimation(I set 2 1/2 week aside for server deployment and it was not enough :( ).

• $1 / IP .

• @jeromeza said:
    DarioX - Personally I wouldn't go with Delimiter. They cancelled my account when I complained about non delivery and then they cancelled my brothers order simply to be petty.

Additionally I recommended them on the biggest tech forum in my country and they disappointed users there too.

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/591145-I-just-bought-my-first-dedicated-server-at-a-STEAL

"Wow, I have never had such a terrible experience with a service provider before. I personally would not recommend Delimiter.

Their response was unprofessional and when I asked what checks were failed, they just closed the ticket."

However maybe you have a better experience than I did. Good luck!

I haven't had any issues at all with DelimiterVPS. They have been more than happy to help with every question I've asked and their responses are always timely.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @kyaky said:
    Where can you get a dual 5630 for that price range?

As I said it was before the CPU mining spike. The regular players had L5639 for 50$, ie datashack and wholesaleinternet. Now that CPU mining has gone back to being mostly unprofitable through renting they have huge stock but won't put their prices back to their original.

• The cheapest dedi with a decent cpu that I've seen would be datashack https://www.datashack.net/dedicated/ The AMD Phenom II x6 1045t plan is an alright CPU since it video encodes well so I guess other CPU intensive programs should perform well

• @concerto49 said:
    We can do 2xL5630 for $74/month

sorry for the typo, I meant 5639... ready got a few 5630

• kyaky said: sorry for the typo, I meant 5639... ready got a few 5630

Ah that, might be able to do 1 for $85. Prices have increased a lot these days.