Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

infinitie?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

infinitie?

flyfly Member
edited April 2012 in Providers

is it any good?

Comments

• Right up there with perpetual, an everlasting.

• FOREVER AN EVER?

• flyfly Member

seriously tho i'm wondering if infinitie.net is reliable/not

• Judging that their site is down for me, I am going to have to say NO

• flyfly Member

its not down for me...>?

• http://www.infinitie.net/ is up for me. Those are not very good prices. Do you have a coupon code?

• fanfan Veteran

Not bad for me, the performance is not excellent but still acceptable. Their support is the problem, sometimes a ticket is answered in minutes, sometimes it takes weeks.

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited April 2012

I hear a lot of bad things about them on WHT. From downtimes, to scams, to fraud. Oh and Cogent :)

• flyfly Member

apparently you can get 1g ram, 15g ssd , 100mbit unmetered, 4 v4 4 v6 for 10 a month.
    price to numbers thats a pretty ridiculous deal. is it really that good tho?

• AdamAdam Member
    edited April 2012

As fan said, support is shit! I was locked out of my vps for 48hrs+ (faulty node, then they failed to migrate my container properly)... Now with any other host it could have been sorted within 2-3hrs. But infinitie took 5-12hrs between each reply.

Performance wise the vps was good, but there were continuous network drops where infinitie (main site) and my vps couldn't be reached.

Needless to say I didn't renew.

• @naten34

What do you got against Cogent? They seem to have a really well peered network. I don't see a problem with it.

• gianggiang Veteran
    edited April 2012

@kbar said: apparently you can get 1g ram, 15g ssd , 100mbit unmetered, 4 v4 4 v6 for 10 a month.

price to numbers thats a pretty ridiculous deal. is it really that good tho?

The bandwidth is a real deal, I've never got download speed below 10MB/s (download from cachefly).

The big problem is they seems don't have support team as @fan mentioned above. I got 2 VPS with them and they are working very well, no downtime for me from the first time :D

root@if2:~# uptime
     09:23:11 up 67 days, 15:02,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Another advantages are they got their own ARIN (http://whois.arin.net/rest/org/EONIX), in business about 8 years...

• fanfan Veteran

root@i:~# uptime

10:38:38 up 100 days, 13 min, 1 user, load average: 0.08, 0.02, 0.01

Mine with them, also as @Adam mentioned, infinitie does have network glitches quite frequently.

• flyfly Member

100 isn't bad at all tho.

• fanfan Veteran

@kbar said: 100 isn't bad at all tho.

Something off topic, here's my free one with @DreamServers:

root@uk:~# uptime

11:23:44 up 95 days, 16:47, 1 user, load average: 0.01, 0.07, 0.08

• gianggiang Veteran

@fan said: Something off topic, here's my free one with @DreamServers:

They still keep your VPS running? Mine was deleted, I haven't had a chance to upload my test website to it, just frequently test the VPS with wget cachefly, dd test...

I've opened 2 tickets and they just deleted 1, and ignored 1 :D It's free so they could do whatever they want :D

• JacobJacob Member

@DotVPS Incorrect, We was with them for 3 Months, I still speak to richard the sales manager most days.

They have 3PM - 10PM phone support Mon - Fri, Any price displayed on the website I guarentee I can get richard to give you a coupon or something.

The only downfall is Brent is the main technicial guy, They do have other people that participate in tickets at weekends but you will have to be happy with waiting a few hours.

When we was there, We had 2 x i7 2600K servers 16GB RAM and 2 x 1TB disk and a /26 for each that costed $250 / Mo each.

Aside from that on blackfriday we grabbed a 100TB bandwidth deal for $0.50/TB. The network was pretty awesome I have to say. Consistant speeds of 50-60MB/s.

It didn't last long in phoenix because $250 for a single node is impossible to keep up every month.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

Do they take paypal now? Years ago was WHT full of complains against infinitie.net for charging credit cards and then support ticket ignorance after service cancellation. Their reputation was terrible. CC was only payment method and people lost money months after they cancelled service.
    I haven't seen any negative reviews recently and I hope they are better now and they accept paypal payments otherwise infinitie.net is big NO NO.

• @Spirit said: they accept paypal payments (?)

WHMCS says they do.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • fanfan Veteran

@quirkyquark said: WHMCS says they do.

Yes they do.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • Actually, if your credit card(s) have the option of creating a one-time CC of a limited amount (sometimes called Virtual CC), it might be safer than Paypal if you anticipate having to ask for a refund at some point.

• tommytommy Member
    edited April 2012

NO, stay away from infinitie.net, their server oversell, and always out of ram. Their support suggest to upgrade more ram, I upgrade to 2 GB ram and still out of ram, server load also grazy, alway > 1 even after fresh install. after migrating my server to rockvps I only use 300-400 MB ram and load only ~0.5-0.8.

they answer ticket support as they wish :P I've few ticket about CPU load and they answer once in 2 day.

no refund, for whatever. I send ticket to cancel my VPS, but they still dont cancel the vps, I send ticket they dont answer for 3 week, I send few time, and dont get any reply, next month they charge my Credit Card and I asking again, and they just tell me, sorry we dont offer refund!

• gsxgsx Member

Oh no...not them again.

When I was a youngling, I had a shared account at Infinitie.net. Although it seemed like a large company, I think it was a 2-3 person operation. Many of their website links where broken, the community forum was never used and it took forever for tech support to respond. When I finally gave up and asked for them to close my account, it took three months for them to respond.