Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SSL question, wich one i need?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SSL question, wich one i need?

Hello, i have some servers with 100-200 domains for hosting, and im looking for a ssl for mail.

is really needed the ssl on email??

also using cpanel/whm, all email is sent from hostname of course, but what is better, to add one ssl to the hostname or each domain that send mail.

wich one do you recommend me? comodo, geotrust, verisign

Comments

• I would have one ssl, I like geotrust and use comodo, verisign is too expensive.

If they require ssl under each host name it will get very expensive as you will need an SSL and SAN's

Why not try one ssl for the FQDN and see how you go.. gotgetssl is very cheap.. a few pounds/dollars.. or try a free 30day one from geotrust.

HTH

• thanks, im going to take a look on that page.

many options !

Thanked by 1pcan
  • Or just go with startssl; once validated you can get certs for an arbitrary number of domains with them.

• @Shados said:
    Or just go with startssl; once validated you can get certs for an arbitrary number of domains with them.

I use them on my personal servers. Can't really beat free tbh, but they do have some restrictions as far as using their ssl certs.

• Thanks im going to test with a comodo ssl on the hostname.

• @CharlesA said:
    I use them on my personal servers. Can't really beat free tbh, but they do have some restrictions as far as using their ssl certs.

Wasn't referring to their free tier.

• Trustwave or Globalsign or AlphaSSL (cheap brand of Globalsign but not very well recognised by Mozilla)

Comodo's website is pretty painful to navigate.

I would suggest you to buy SSL certs from resellers like namecheap because they offer a better price.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

If you are after cheap Comodo positive SSL check our offer here:
    https://drserver.net/drbill/index.php?/cart/ssl-certificates/

• thanks, i have good prices, but the importat thing is to make it work as desired =D

• For principle I recommend Startcom. Free SSL certificates with 99% browser acceptance.

• I totally recommend Comodo!