Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for reliable shared hosting..
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for reliable shared hosting..

klikliklikli Member
edited April 2012 in Providers

Hi All,

I am looking for reputable shared host.
Budget is <$13/mo, need 1 or 2 dedicated IP, and I want really serious web hosts.
Switching from Dreamhost, are there anyone here got an experience with Site5? They looks pretty good.

Thank you,

Comments

• We do shared hosting with dedicated IPs for less than $13 per month.. I think a lot of the hosts here do the same.

• site5 will suspend you when your site gets real traffic lol

• @klikli I suggest you IPXcore. Haven't tried their shared hosting plans but their VPS servers and support are nice. OK they don't have a good site template like Site5 but that's not a criterion.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • @djvdorp said: site5 will suspend you when your site gets real traffic lol

Say how many UV and what kind of script do you run?

• @djvdorp said: site5 will suspend you when your site gets real traffic lol

Just like the rest of the so called "Unlimited" hosts then?

Thanked by 2Infinity djvdorp
  • @OneTwo said: @klikli I suggest you IPXcore. Haven't tried their shared hosting plans but their VPS servers and support are nice. OK they don't have a good site template like Site5 but that's not a criterion.

Every little bit counts like mixing HTTP&HTTPS contents, using an DV SSL, single server (period) so probably not at this time;)

• What are your requirements, space/bandwidth?

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Forget about any host that offers "unlimited disk space", "unlimited bandwidth", unless you've read their TOS and you're really sure that it's actually unlimited.

Can't really recommend any specific shared hosts for anything serious, as I usually host more serious things on a VPS :P

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited April 2012

Eleven2.com < they have good support and generous features. Uptime is good. I am monitoring a few servers of them and Pingdom states 99.94% uptime. Extra ipv4 is $4 though which sounds unacceptable to me. Otherwise they are all good.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2012

Assuming you're looking at US servers, some providers round here do shared hosting.

https://securedragon.net/index.php?p=cpanel
    https://hostigation.com/?page=Shared

There are obviously more but those are the one's I'd trust, although I hope never to touch shared hosting again for myself, those are down to earth hosts that don't claim to have "unlimited" everything and other marketing BS.

• klikliklikli Member
    edited April 2012

While I do understand that these are undersold hosts, $24.99/mo for a hosting package with 3GB seems overpriced a bit:/

Their cPanel server is crazy, take a look at their mass mail's and website.

• Nothing wrong with shared hosting, it's for those who can't manage a VPS or do not want to deal with it. Most of my shared customers are small businesses who want some minimal presence on the internet.

I even have a satellite internet provider who's building websites on the shared hosting as a sandbox for their main site, though they go back and forth on which site is active at any given time for some weird reason.

• @FRCorey said: What are your requirements, space/bandwidth?

Nothing more than 2G and 5G, but I'd question why's your IP belonging to hostrocket? (Just out of curiosity, relax)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@klikli said: While I do understand that these are undersold hosts, $24.99/mo for a hosting package with 3GB seems overpriced a bit:/

I guess, but at least you know what you're getting, also when are you realistically going to use 3GB on a website.

@klikli said: Their cPanel server is crazy, take a look at their mass mail's and website.

Huh?

• @klikli Where do you see that? The IP's are owned by fdcservers, but I own the hardware. Applied for my own V4/V6 space, but it's taking time.

• FRCoreyFRCorey Member
    edited April 2012

Oh, you mean my main website :)

The main website I have on a SSD VPS with another company for redundancy purposes. It's in Chicago, but once I have a VPS Node in Chicago I may move the site back onto my own hardware. SSD VPS's are pricey!

Shared host ip is 204.45.250.249 in Denver.

• klikliklikli Member
    edited April 2012

@FRCorey said: @klikli Where do you see that? The IP's are owned by fdcservers, but I own the hardware. Applied for my own V4/V6 space, but it's taking time.

http://pastebin.com/dFgsMUPR
    PS: Oops, just noticed that it's SWIP'ed to dotblock.com

Hey hosts - please don't get offended.

• tommytommy Member

I've use hawkhost in past their are the best. My blog have more than 5000 U/day

btw, any reason not using VPS ? since we're on VPS forum

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@klikli said: Their cPanel server is crazy, take a look at their mass mail's and website.

We've only had 2 issues with our cPanel server and one issue was due to migrating it from Jacksonville to Tampa and the other was a licensing issue for a plugin that we didn't know expired (we resolved that as soon as we found out but unfortunately there was no indication that it was a licensing or plugin issue).

We will be moving the server back to its own hardware in the near future though because as we found out when we moved from Jacksonville to Tampa, being a virtual did not make it any easier to migrate (and in fact made it much harder to migrate even though Proxmox has a built-in migration function).

• klikliklikli Member
    edited April 2012

Heck, why every hosts out there charges 3$ for a dedicated IP:/

• @klikli said: Heck, why every hosts out there charges 3$ for a dedicated IP:/

Ahm...
    ARPAgeddon...
    IPocalypse...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@klikli said: Heck, why every hosts out there charges 3$ for a dedicated IP

I think a lot of hosts out there don't have bulk IPs like VPS providers do. When I was strictly doing shared hosting a loooong time ago I had maybe 8 IPs total and those lasted for a long time, when they did run out though it wasn't a viable option for me to buy them 254 at a time so my costs were higher because I only needed 1 IP every few months.

• klikliklikli Member
    edited April 2012

DreamHost really convinced me pretty well, except that they have pretty large number of outages during my trial period:/ http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/
    Should I move :(

--
    Does anyone got an experience with GlowHost and StableHost?

• @klikli said: Should I move :(

Absolutely. Get away from Nightmarehost. No place to run a production website.

I'd recommend HostGator's $15 plan, currently on sale at 20% off for $12. 1 dedicated IP. Rock-solid hosting. Yes, they claim "unlimited" but the only times I've seen people being hassled via WHT is when they hog CPU/memory, not disk space/bandwidth.

Thanked by 1bill32
  • CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

powermonster is pretty good. not sure its Lowend tho.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited April 2012

@quirkyquark said: Absolutely. Get away from Nightmarehost. No place to run a production website.

Meh...of the big hosts, they're the only one I can stand. And I sure as hell prefer them to HostGator.

The best way to expose HG's "unlimited" lie is to ask them how many inodes you can use...

Honestly, if I was looking for shared hosting, I'd want to support one of the fine hosts here.

• justinbjustinb Member
    edited April 2012

http://www.medialayer.com hands down (not lowend)

• I've also had good luck with HostGator. Their "Business" plan is $12/month, and you get unlimited everything and an IPv4 IP. Pretty good.

Although it's much more fun to run your own hosting server! :) Nginx FTW

• @Klikli, I have a reseller package with Site5 in their Singapore location.
    My experience with them is actually pretty good - Generous resources, whilst still remaining incredibly nippy. The load is always low for a shared box, and I consistently have 100% uptime.
    They're in Softlayer's new Singapore datacenter, which is great for a network point of view, however I do get the occasional 'why the heck do I have an American IP' support ticket.
    Bare in mind; I chose Site5 due to their relatively good reputation, and no other English speaking provider was able to provide the same resources at the same price point.
    I do not host any of my personal sites on their servers, mainly because of the distance between the UK and Singapore :P

Aside from that, I've had experience with Eleven2, again with a reseller account.
    Reasonably nippy. I mainly chose them due to the insane price point with WHMCS thrown in. The support is quite good too.

The only shared provider I've been with recently for personal use is SimpleXWebs. They're active on WHT, and I'm pretty sure they've had an offer on LEB once.
    Really, really good value for money, very responsive from their UK location, and they throw in free IPs.

That's my recent-memory experience of shared hosts, don't go for any EIG host.
    Speaking of which; how the sdklfj do ixwebhosting.com get away with offering 15 IPs for $7.95/mo?!

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited April 2012

@klikli said: While I do understand that these are undersold hosts, $24.99/mo for a hosting package with 3GB seems overpriced a bit:/

The shared server is intended for high resource sites, meaning I will not suspend you for abusing mysql like all the vanilla hosts do, but do price the service accordingly. Also, for less than that, I offer a VPS with cPanel, 1gb/2gb burst 100gb drive, 4 cores for $20 with cPanel, add softaculous for another $1.50