Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Shoutcast Manager Software
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Shoutcast Manager Software

Hello,

I would like to know if any of you know any free shoutcast manager software like WHMSonic or CentovaCast to run in a VPS.

I would like to create my own radios, using my VPSs.

Thank you.

Comments

• Streamers Admin Panel?

• If you want to run a radio station, Icecast is better than Shoutcast, as shoutcast is outdated. You can use Airtime http://www.sourcefabric.org/en/airtime
    It's really good and might fit your needs.

• jkr1711jkr1711 Member
    edited February 2014

Icecast but http://unrealhosting.hu/mscp/ Works very nicely for me. In fact, going to be using it for an upcoming free project :)

Just to note - it doesn't work on OpenVZ

• I have setup SMI for a client a few times, he host dozens of Shoutcast streams using it and loves it.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/smi/

• @jkr1711 have you any instructions for installation? I tried to install it but it doesn't work...

• @jvnadr said:
    jkr1711 have you any instructions for installation? I tried to install it but it doesn't work...

You dont want to use Airtime? It's free and very detailed.

• @NodeJungle Airtime isn't a streaming server. It is a radio automation system that integrates with either shoutcast or icecast server. You can install a server in your box and send there your stream from airtime, but airtime itself will not stream nor control shout/ice (it is not a control panel for streaming server). Despite that, Airtime is a cool web playout system if you want a virtual radio station that can be controlled via web from anywhere, not just studio. But in the radio station I produce a show, we use a combination of Jazzler and Radioboss.

• @jvnadr said:
    NodeJungle Airtime isn't a streaming server. It is a radio automation system that integrates with either shoutcast or icecast server. You can install a server in your box and send there your stream from airtime, but airtime itself will not stream nor control shout/ice (it is not a control panel for streaming server). Despite that, Airtime is a cool web playout system if you want a virtual radio station that can be controlled via web from anywhere, not just studio. But in the radio station I produce a show, we use a combination of Jazzler and Radioboss.

In airtime you can either stream from it directly if you have a soundcard or stream directly to your Icecast server, then if you wanted to live dj, you can set that up in airtime as well, they can take over and it will crossfade the regular stream into the live source.

• Go with @jkr1711's advice. He's sold streaming before. So I'd imagine he has most experience.

• @jvnadr said:
    jkr1711 have you any instructions for installation? I tried to install it but it doesn't work...

After wgetting the file, extract it and then cd into the folder. In the folder there will be two different files in amongst others, install_upgrade_centos and install_upgrade_debian. Depending on your OS, choose one. Then chmod +x the file eg chmod +x install_upgrade_debian. After that, simply run your file eg ./install_upgrade_debian

The installer will start, all is fairly self explanatory.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • @NodeJungle I think the OP wants a control panel for streaming, not for producing. He wants a panel that can add stream channels, number of users, bitrate etc.

• Ah, my mistake then.

• @jkr1711 Thanks, I forgot to chmod installation file. Any thoughts why this doesnt wirk on openvz?

• jkr1711jkr1711 Member
    edited February 2014

@jvnadr No problem. According to development logs the developer completely removed OpenVZ compatibility a few releases ago, no reason as to why though. When I tried it on OpenVZ it got stuck in a loop when trying to create accounts.

Just to show that Icecast2 is a capable Shoutcast alternative with mp3 streaming:
    LINK REMOVED - Removing test stream as no longer needed

Managed using MSCP, 128kbps hosted on an online.net dedi. (Warning - check your volume)

• @jkr1711 I use plain icecast server with ices and I have installed a couple of times SMI as klpowell suggested before. There is another solution, some older members of LET will decline due irresponsible behavior of developers in security issues. I'm talking about zpanel, that has a handy module that installs shoutcast, and from the panel itself you can create streams, manage users, autodj etc. I installed it in a couple of servers, removed dns/mysql/apache access, hardened and firewalled server and disabled all but streaming features of the panel. So, it is used just for a shoutcast panel. And I still have somewhere an old (2006) installation of cast-control (outdated, I know, but still working).

• @jvnadr Yes I was watching the development of the zPanel Shoutcast module. Never saw it being released after I lost interest due to the zPanel drama. May have a look.

• Well, it could be nice if some people here capable of coding, could create GUI for handling streaming servers such as shout/ice, red5, rtmp nginx module. I don't know coding, but I am willing to help with the gui design, logos, project's site etc.!

• Hello,

Thank you very much for everyones' help.
    @DennisdeWit I already heard about Streamers, but English is not their best.

@jkr1711 According to people suggestions, I will follow your suggestion. I will give it a try, thank you very much.

I also got cPanel and WHMSonic which is, for me, the best, but not affordable to have in a lot of multiple VPSs.

• @jkr1711 said:
    Icecast but http://unrealhosting.hu/mscp/ Works very nicely for me. In fact, going to be using it for an upcoming free project :)

Just to note - it doesn't work on OpenVZ

This software you should never use, it has a backdoor username called system with which the Hungarian users who build the software will conect to your server/vps and delete all your files :)

• @klpowell said:
    I have setup SMI for a client a few times, he host dozens of Shoutcast streams using it and loves it.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/smi/

This is pretty cool and i used it many times, works without any issues and is ok to be used as a Free ShoutCast Management interface.

• You can setup SAP in English? They have a German forum but you still can ask questions in English, though.

• @racksx said:

I won't forget to delete that backdoor :)
    Thanks for the info

• @luissousa said:
    Thanks for the info

if you delete it the software will no longer work, belive me i try it, i used the software like 6 months no issues, and one day all my data where deleted, so we had backup we restored and i checked the logs,and i found the system user which had full access to the software and i try to remove it, when i removed it the software no longer work, and the owner of software knows this.

• @racksx said:
    if you delete it the software will no longer work, belive me i try it, i used the software like 6 months no issues, and one day all my data where deleted, so we had backup we restored and i checked the logs,and i found the system user which had full access to the software and i try to remove it, when i removed it the software no longer work, and the owner of software knows this.

When was the last time you used it? Apparently all versions released after March 2013 have had the backdoor removed. Supposedly the backdoor was designed to automatically report back the version on the server and automatically update when a new version was released.

Just use with caution, not been a victim of it yet

• @jkr1711 A question: does it work with KVM/XEN PV or needs a dedi? I also tried to openvz but could't figure out why does it make loop when trying to create new user.

• @jvnadr I have only tried OpenVZ and a dedi. I would assume it would work fine with KVM/Xen but I haven't tested myself.

• @luissousa @racksx @jvnadr Spoken to the devs, what they're saying is that a cracked version of MSCP lite was spread around the web during 2012-2013 which contained a backdoor. This was then fixed with a forced update later in 2013.

Take their word as you may, I'm leaning towards trusting them as they're going to be releasing a Pro version shortly and why would they want to ruin their own reputation before releasing a new product?