Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help adding a domain name to Proxmox VE 3 Web Gui
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need help adding a domain name to Proxmox VE 3 Web Gui

vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
edited February 2014 in Help

After installing PVE 3, I have a difficulty to point a domain name and access proxmox web GUI as http s://proxmox.mydoman.com:8006. It seems that they have an in house built web engine.

I tried to talk to Mr. Google, and he didn't give me the right answer. Or maybe I asked the wrong question.

Anyhow, I would appreciate very much if anyone can help me with this and share it to the community.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• You need to make sure the servers hostname is set within Proxmox, this should allow you to browse to it using https://proxmox.mydoman.com:8006

• if i understand you correctly (not sure) then you try to point a domain to your server ip who is running proxmox? if that is the case you could get a third-party DNS service and use those name servers in your domain, then create an "A record" that points to the right server IP using the third-party DNS service.

• rmlhhd said: You need to make sure the servers hostname is set within Proxmox, this should allow you to browse to it using https://proxmox.mydoman.com:8006

I did in /etc/hosts and /etc/hosname.

I can access it in my local installation, but It didn't work in a life server even after I have pointed the dns to the correct IP.

• Mark_R said: if that is the case you could get a third-party DNS service and use those name servers in your domain, then create an "A record" that points to the right server IP using the third-party DNS service.

In previous version of Proxmox, they use apache, so I just need to set the virtual host directive. The latest proxmox uses different web engine, and I don't know where can I set the directive.

• Within Proxmox you should see Datacenter in the left panel. Sub that there should be your server name. If you click that then goto DNS you should see hostname. If you set that to the hostname you would like to access Proxmox with then it should work.

• rmlhhd said: Within Proxmox you should see Datacenter in the left panel. Sub that there should be your server name. If you click that then goto DNS you should see hostname. If you set that to the hostname you would like to access Proxmox with then it should work.

Ok I'll try it and get back to you.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited February 2014

@vRozenSch00n said:
    In previous version of Proxmox, they use apache, so I just need to set the virtual host directive. The latest proxmox uses different web engine, and I don't know where can I set the directive.

You could find out what webserver it uses with this command (ssh)

netstat --tcp --udp --listening --program

it should return all programs + what ports they are listening on

after knowing what webserver is running you can google its name + what you need done for more accurate results and a higher success rate.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @rmlhhd thanks a lot. It works now.

• @vRozenSch00n said:
    rmlhhd thanks a lot. It works now.

No problem. :D

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited February 2014

It is solved, thanks guys.

After @rmlhhd point it out I just realized that I forgot to add search proxmox.mydomain.com in /etc/resolv.conf

Thanked by 1Mark_R
This discussion has been closed.