Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDoS protected vps in dallas?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDoS protected vps in dallas?

I'm looking for a DDoS protected VPS in dallas that will allow for GRE tunnels. A good network is also a priority :) I don't have any specific budget in mind, so I'd like to see what people offer.

Comments

• No one? :/

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

I would say someone based on LSN but their DDoS protection is tunneled AFAIK.

Versaweb in Las Vegas maybe, but not sure about any VPS provider providing DDoS protection there.

RamNode in Seattle is about 60 ms away from Texas, if that's doable for you.

• @Nyr said:
    I would sday someone based on LSN but their DDoS protection is tunneled AFAIK.

Versaweb in Las Vegas maybe, but not sure about any VPS provider providing DDoS protection there.

RamNode in Seattle is about 60 ms away from Texas, if that's doable for you.

Its not. I need a minimal ping increase so it being in dallas is essential

• I think @Alex_LiquidHost has ddos protected vpses in dallas, but I haven't gotten a response yet.

• retryretry Member
    edited February 2014

@Void_Whisperer said:
    I think Alex_LiquidHost has ddos protected vpses in dallas, but I haven't gotten a response yet.

He doesn't, not in Dallas atleast AFAIK.

• retry said: He doesn't, not in Dallas atleast AFAIK.

And even if the VPS is in Dallas it'll be tunneled from elsewhere.

• @concerto49 said:
    And even if the VPS is in Dallas it'll be tunneled from elsewhere.

What do you mean?

• @retry said:
    He doesn't, not in Dallas atleast AFAIK.

This is on the 'buy' page for their KVM in texas: 'DDoS Protected IP - 1 additional DDoS Protected IP (Up to 1gbps guaranteed, burstable to 10gbps). Please open a ticket upon purchasing! (Manual setup) ($3.00 USD Monthly)'

• My main goal here is to attempt to protect my dedicated server from DDoS attacks and not have it cost a fortune, but with minimal ping increase.

• @Zen said:
    Basically the filtering is done in another PoP (Seattle?) and the traffic from your container in Dallas is tunnelled to that other PoP, traffic inbound to the PoP is tunnelled back to your container in Dallas.

Meaning that there is going to be a rather large ping increase no matter what I do..

• What do you have on your server that is so ping sensitive? Game server?

• @rds100 said:
    What do you have on your server that is so ping sensitive? Game server?

Yep.

• @Zen said:
    Yeah. Your chances of getting actual filtering in Dallas are slim, never mind getting them for cheap VPS level prices.. you'll likely need to face the latency iincrease.

if worst comes to worst I'll have to hunt down a dedicated server provider that offers DDoS protection and move my business there.. (I'd rather not, quite expensive)

• I know reliablesite.net does DDoS protection starting at $89/month with a dedicated, I've got a server there that has been excellent. I don't have DDoS protection though but they seem to be a reseller of choopa.

• @catalystium said:
    I know reliablesite.net does DDoS protection starting at $89/month with a dedicated, I've got a server there that has been excellent. I don't have DDoS protection though but they seem to be a reseller of choopa.

That's basicially double the price of the server i would be buying for only like 1Gbps protection, for that much, is not a good idea

• Yeah DDoS protection isn't cheap.

• @Void_Whisperer said:
    This is on the 'buy' page for their KVM in texas: 'DDoS Protected IP - 1 additional DDoS Protected IP (Up to 1gbps guaranteed, burstable to 10gbps). Please open a ticket upon purchasing! (Manual setup) ($3.00 USD Monthly)'

Ah my apologies, they didn't offer it when I was with them.

• @retry said:
    Ah my apologies, they didn't offer it when I was with them.

It worries me though how much the ping increase might be

• Well this sucks. Any decent dedi hosts that are relatively cheap and have a vps provider with ddos protection relatively nearby?

• You could try to contact www.redspeedservers.com
    about their dedicated server prices & how much it would cost to include their DDoS protection.

• We offer ddos mitigation in Dallas however we do not sell VPS directly, there is a few VPS hosts that offer services on our network.

• @ChrisK said:
    We offeer ddos mitigation in Dallas however we do not sell VPS directly, there is a few VPS hosts that offer services on our network.

Can you pm me more information on this?

• The conclusion I've come to from this is that their is basically no one offering ddos protection in Dallas, which is unfortunate.

• You would find better luck in a location on the west or east coast US as that is where the big players in DDoS protection are located.

I am not aware of any reputable DDoS protection providers in central US that don't backhaul to LA or NYC.

• @fizzyjoe908 said:
    You would find better luck in a location on the west or east coast US as that is where the big players in DDoS protection are located.

I am not aware of any reputable DDoS protection providers in central US that don't backhaul to LA or NYC.

My issue is that all of the comparable deals to what I got for my current dedi on either coast are multiple times more expensive. :/