Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Abuse
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Abuse

Does anyone have a better contact then their abuse @ ovh email? a few boxes at $dayjob have been getting hammered by someone on a OVH box. I emailed them twice(on friday) and no reply, Currently we are discarding the traffic from that ip but don't want to have to do so for ever.

Comments

• I have 2 OVH dedicated server and both get hundreds of attempts via SSH from other OVH boxes everyday.

OVH never do anything about it.

• @OkieDoke said:
    I have 2 OVH dedicated server and both get hundreds of attempts via SSH from other OVH boxes everyday.

OVH never do anything about it.

I sort of figured. I'm talking though like 20K port 80 request in a few hours on IP's that are not even running any web servers.

I had 3 boxes in 3 different areas having it occur(an by boxes these aren't LEB's/dedi's, these are routers for $dayjob)

• skagerrakskagerrak Member
    edited February 2014

@mitpatterson said:
    Does anyone have a better contact then their abuse @ ovh email? a few boxes at $dayjob have been getting hammered by someone on a OVH box. I emailed them twice(on friday) and no reply, Currently we are discarding the traffic from that ip but don't want to have to do so for ever.

Taken from their whois-record:

registrar:   OVH
    type:        Isp Option 1
    address:     2 Rue Kellermann
    address:     ROUBAIX
    phone:       +33 8 99 70 17 61
    fax-no:      +33 3 20 20 09 58
    e-mail:      [email protected]
    anonymous:   NO
    source:      FRNIC

nic-hdl:     OVH5-FRNIC
    type:        ROLE
    address:     OVH
    address:     140, quai du Sartel
    address:     59100 Roubaix
    phone:       +33 8 99 70 17 61
    e-mail:      [email protected]
    trouble:     Information: http://www.ovh.fr
    trouble:     Questions:  mailto:[email protected]
    trouble:     Spam: mailto:[email protected]
    admin-c:     OK217-FRNIC
    tech-c:      OK217-FRNIC
    notify:      [email protected]
    registrar:   OVH
    changed:     11/10/2006 [email protected]
    anonymous:   NO
    obsoleted:   NO
    source:      FRNIC

• @skagerrak said:

Yah i tried emailing. Not super interested in the international calling lol.

• @mitpatterson said:
    Yah i tried emailing. Not super interested in the international calling lol.

Send them a FAX. It's cheaper, and legally more secure.

• mitpattersonmitpatterson Member
    edited February 2014

@skagerrak said:

hmm. true..now just to send a fax...sure my boss would love the international call charges lol

• I don't think calling or sending a fax would cost more than 20 cents or so. International call prices are not what they used to be 15 years ago.

• we can use pamfax.biz
    I use it to send a fax to another office if my fax machine broken

• Rise a ticket,if you have no response report the abuse to ripe, they will make sure ovh will answer, is strange that when is a paypal/ebay or some fake bank page they answer so fast, when is about their network they let it go ahead with it, strange ovh.

• @racksx said:
    Rise a ticket,if you have no response report the abuse to ripe, they will make sure ovh will answer, is strange that when is a paypal/ebay or some fake bank page they answer so fast, when is about their network they let it go ahead with it, strange ovh.

I don't have an account with them at this time. Can I raise a ticket without an account?

• skagerrakskagerrak Member
    edited February 2014

If you would've sent a FAX the situation would've been solved already. Besides the costs would've already been amortised as it's much more expensive for your boss to pay you surfing on some forum and interacting with other people that are not from the abusive host ;-)

• @mitpatterson said:
    I don't have an account with them at this time. Can I raise a ticket without an account?

That i had no ideea, try email all emails they have, support abuse etc..., because if you stay for abuse to responde it may take some time, also try find someone who has ovh access and notice them.

and also https://www.ovh.com/managerv3/ make an account with them and send notice.