Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone experience with Adsense?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone experience with Adsense?

If you use Adsense, how many visitors and how much money do you make per week?

Comments

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

10 millions USD /month

• LeeLee Veteran

The click rate is very low, on my best domains I can make upwards of $200 per month with just an ad parking page, developed sites a little more if the ads are integrated properly and they don't realize they are clicking on them. For most others under a couple of $'s per month.

• The profit per click depends on your niche and if its for re-marketing or keyword based ads etc.

Click rates depend on your target audience, apps or sites that have ads all over get rougue clicks from tablets, also depending how well styled the ads are some think they are just usual site links.

If you have a high impression site then you can also get paid per x impressions.

Don't click the ads yourself or use any of the systems to get "ad clicks" google will see them and suspend your account before the first payment.

• Can't you just click on your ads during various times during the day using hundreds of proxies? I don't see how Google has a way around that.

• @lars said:
    Can't you just click on your ads during various times during the day using hundreds of proxies? I don't see how Google has a way around that.

They have complex algorithms to check for patterns, relations, etc.

• @lars said:
    Can't you just click on your ads during various times during the day using hundreds of proxies? I don't see how Google has a way around that.

I dont think that is allowed. Wouldn't they confirm if your clicks are legit before paying out? (checking IP's etc.)

• @Mark_R All they can check are IPs anyway? Anyone can easily login to many proxy servers.

• @lars said:
    Mark_R All they can check are IPs anyway? Anyone can easily login to many proxy servers.

If they lookup a few ip's and see proxy servers returning instead of ISP's im sure that there will be a red flag.

But im curious about how they confirm this too, i haven't tried this myself yet.

• @Mark_R said:

They ban you and then your gone... very little place to dispute any blocks.

They probably look at general trends - e.g. my account they would have seen build up from small to big sites and the traffic changes too.

Let alone all the tracking cookies and other stuff such as signed in accounts they can trace.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@W1V_Lee said:
    The click rate is very low, on my best domains I can make upwards of $200 per month with just an ad parking page, developed sites a little more if the ads are integrated properly and they don't realize they are clicking on them. For most others under a couple of $'s per month.

Uh...that sounds extraordinarily high.

If so, good for you. But most people struggle to get a single $100 payout in a year.

I have a few PR2-PR4 sites on shared hosting and Adsense essentially pays for the hosting and not much more.

• How do you get approved to adsense?

• PcJamesyPcJamesy Member
    edited February 2014

Adsense has made me a rich man.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@raindog308 said:
    I have a few PR2-PR4 sites on shared hosting and Adsense essentially pays for the hosting and not much more.

Wow. You need some more traffic, I was making $10+/day easy at one stage with ~3000 hits/day.

• Passed $10000 total earnings few days ago :)

$10,127.36

• i've had horrible experiences with adsense

no phone support
    didnt get email support

among other shit

• @lars & @Mark_R

It is called statistical analysis and automatic machine learning.

My method of detection brings all of the cheaters down hard.
    I could teach you, but I would have to charge.

• Traffic, niche and ad placement matters a lot in adsense to make money.

• @PcJamesy said:
    Adsense has made me a rich man.

LOL

• LeeLee Veteran

@raindog308 said:

It all depends on how much work you put in to understand adsense, your domain traffic and the value of the ads being served to your site. Forcing adsense to deliver different but more valuable ads than you are getting at present can make a huge difference.

• @raindog308 said:

On a game news site I was hosting for some friends for a few years, they were averaging around £60 - £70 a month from genuine clicks.

• painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited February 2014

@jcaleb said:
    How do you get approved to adsense?

just make a site that follows googles rules, signup for adsense and wait,

once you are approved, you may add your adsense code to any site that follows googles rules,

when i first signed-up a few years a go using the site http://freewareman.com

i got disapproved google bots said it's a software warez site,

i asked for a review, after that i got approved.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited February 2014

@painfreepc I did just that, but it says something about my content. I read somewhere they are more strict now, I may need 50+ articles. I only have around 10 when I applied :)

I dont have much traffic also, maybe around 3,500 a month. My site: http://grails.asia/

• Last time I'm trying Adsense were at 2009, I can get about $100/day, but they stopped my account with malicious reason. :)

SO no more chance to me.

• Lol i have 900+ articles on my website but i only get around $2-3/month. I must be doing it wrong.

• As said, it totally depends on the niche.

"All the have is the IP to detect you"

If you believe that you'd get banned within a couple of days.

• For some reason I was banned from adsense, apparently I had been using it fraudulently. (probably because only my friends visited the sites, so the ads were always saw by people with the same IP?)

• Got blocked by adsense too on my forum site. Because of so many reason.. no more income from adsense now.

• I was almost at my payout of $100... and I got banned. They won't tell me why or anything.

I've also heard of cases where Google bans you after having a DDoS attack, not sure how legitimate that is as they won't tell you why you were banned.

• Earning for about 5$ per day it's not a lot but from few websites with 2k visitors so about 5k users per day.

• Adsense is for old farts.