Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

shared hosting can manage image sharing site?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

shared hosting can manage image sharing site?

20142014 Member

i think you have good knowledge...tell me shared hosting can manage image sharing site? we have daily 1500 visitors, members can upload images to our site, daily 50-100 images uploading..
Thank You All helpers

Comments

• From what I've seen, a lot of shared hosting providers don't like imaging / file sharing websites. You would be better off setting up a VPS and managing it yourself.

• Hello, shared hosting is not good for such site,because there comes the limitation which a lot of providers do, like memory/proccesses and more, and i belive maybe to take a VPS and try on it will be much better, 90% of providers, if you overload the cpu they will go ahead and suspend you without notice and i belive this isn't what you desire.

• @racksx @TheCTS you are right.. but hostgater admin told me shared plane do this job... Also But hostgater VPS price is very high... :(

• racksxracksx Member
    edited February 2014

Hostgator will see yes is ok, after getting the problems and ask them what do they will say, you need a VPS, this is how they do bussines, you can always look for a vps on this forum, what is your monthly budget?, how much bw you need? how much space you need?

• it depend on provider TOS :)
    but i will suggest you get a vps since you can get a vps cheaper than hostgator price here

• @racksx im sent message to you..check inbox..

we do not have monthly budget.. but we need good host

• Get a storage box from buyvm. 50-100 uploads a a day will use barely any CPU at all, nor will serving hosted images if you use something like lighttpd/nginx

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

With that kind of growth I would spring for a cheap dedi somewhere with 1-2TB of storage. Just my opinion. Make sure you respond to takedown requests, especially if submitted on legal grounds.

• Don't even think about getting a VPS from HostGator...