Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bloggy.io is on it's way - We really did love Gatsby :'(
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bloggy.io is on it's way - We really did love Gatsby :'(

rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
edited February 2014 in General

Hello,

I've recently seen a well loved service called Gatsby.im be closed, you can read more here. http://gatsby.im/

Over the past few months I have been looking for an opportunity where I can help an community, provide something that is free. So that is what I am going to do.

I am going to provide the same service as Gatsby.im, this service is going to be completely free.

As you can see from the title I have called it Bloggy.io

I'll be doing some testing over the next few days/weeks to work out all of the issues and to make sure the service is production ready.

I've currently got a test server setup, you can use this at http://seeder.pw

For the providers out there and those of you that would like to help maintain this service please PM me with any details, way's you'd like to help etc...

Thanks everyone :D

Thanked by 1SnowDay

Comments

• I would change the theme. wordpress always has the most horrible default themes

• @hostnoob said:
    I would change the theme. wordpress always has the most horrible default themes

http://seeder.pw is for testing only. Bloggy.io is coming soon and will be a lot different.

• hope your project susccess :)

• Try to add some free, complementary things to the service, like premium wp themes, plugins, etc.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

I hate to be That Guy, but what's your contingency plan?

• @joepie91 said:
    I hate to be That Guy, but what's your contingency plan?

I'll be offering the same service as Gatsby but will be adding paid addons like CDN, Own Installation etc. This will help cover costs and will be cheap. I'm doing this to help a community not make money.

• Why is everyone always so afraid to make money? LowEndCommunists...

• @ztec said:
    Why is everyone always so afraid to make money? LowEndCommunists...

I'm not in it to make money, if it goes well then I probably will although all profit will be reinvested to make the service better.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

rmlhhd said: I'll be offering the same service as Gatsby but will be adding paid addons like CDN, Own Installation etc. This will help cover costs and will be cheap. I'm doing this to help a community not make money.

Not what I meant. Contingency plan; in other words, what will you do when things go tits up and you have to shut down? How will you deal with that scenario? etc.

ztec said: Why is everyone always so afraid to make money? LowEndCommunists...

"Afraid" are your words. Being "afraid" is most certainly not the default reason for people not to try and earn a buck off it.

• I don't intend on letting that happen. If it did I would let users get their data and help them move to a different provider.