Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torqhost?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Torqhost?

Hi, does anyone know anything about Torqhost and has anyone tried them?
Their plans in Estonia look really good.
http://torqhost.com
I cannot find much out about them.

Comments

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Yep, they are fine.

Network is way better than some years ago, support is ok.

Thanked by 1lars
  • Servers are good and stable, but when I was with them they were quite strict with disk IO, so watch out your apps not to abuse the disk.

Thanked by 1lars
    edited February 2014

@AstroProfundis said:
    Servers are good and stable, but when I was with them they were quite strict with disk IO, so watch out your apps not to abuse the disk.

Yeah. I got terminated for torrenting a single file for like 30 minutes and I wasn't really abusing the I/O.

P2P was forbidden on the TOS anyway, so well...

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2014

Using Torqhost for 11 months, the only downside really is the lack of IPv6, and it doesn't look like they will add it in the foreseeable future (years).

Thanked by 1lars
  • Never had any issues with them, they're a solid provider.

Thanked by 1lars
  • Torqhost is nearly perfect.
    Stable network and really good prices.

Thanked by 1lars
  • [root@ee ~]# uptime
     12:14:34 up 321 days, 22:07,  1 user,  load average: 0.15, 0.04, 0.01

This is a XenPV VPS I have with them. NEVER had a problem, great host!

Thanked by 1lars
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Great host but no ipv6.

• they're pretty strict on network usage as well. I had a backup plan with them accepting ftp backups/cpbackup from an ovh server I had and they were accusing me of accepting dos attacks. I tried to explain them that it was a simple ftp file transfer but they couldn't accept it so I left them. They gave a refund for the remaining period of the vps.

• You might as well wait for coupons for them if you can, I only payed about 50% of the listed yearly price for both of mine

also they will never have ipv6

• @lars said:
    Hi, does anyone know anything about Torqhost and has anyone tried them?
    Their plans in Estonia look really good.
    http://torqhost.com
    I cannot find much out about them.

What do you want to know? I think we can all tell you about it, because many people here have (at least) one of them.

I think they are great. Have 2 of them, one OVZ for 8€/y, one KVM for 12€/y. Never let me down.

• I emailed them 5 hours ago and no response, do they only operate Monday - Friday?

@lars said:
    I emailed them 5 hours ago and no response, do they only operate Monday - Friday?

Well, if you submitted a sales ticket today, being sunday... be patient. Noting to do with how they handle support.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2014

Their support is very good from my experience. Servers are also nice, they use E5-2620 though.

• Their support is simply awesome in my experience. Solid servers, good pricing. Can't remember having any issues with them.

So, go for it!

• Very good host that keeps on getting better.

I'm not a huge fan of their VAT procedure, where you have to ask them to remove VAT. Not a huge deal. After that, it's smooth sailing.

Support is responsive, the few times I've needed them.

As mentioned earlier, they are fuzzy about bandwidth usage on their storage plans. If you plan to use the VPS for anything bandwidth intensive, go for another package.

• Just to give you an idea of the speed of the support. You see here everything has been resolved in only some hours max. I admit I haven't had very difficult things for them to do, but still response times are great in general and they are very friendly.

I will cancel at least one of my vpses with them because of the missing IPV6 support though :(

• They aren't bad... although I submitted a cancellation request for one of my vpses and they cancelled the other ::oops::

• Torqhost is fine, never had problem with them.

• I had KVMs at torqhost couple years ago for low activity web sites, some light backups. Stable. As other said no ipv6. Cheap yearly prices on the low mem offerings. There's no worries in buying from them.