Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a DDOS protected VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a DDOS protected VPS

Purchased a Ddos protected vps from urpad for $1.99 a month and its great. Was wondering if there are any other good deals on Ddos protected servers?

Comments

• Urpad... Great... Same Sentence!? You smokin crack?

For that price range nearly nobody.

Cheapest I can think of is about 5 euro ( hosteasy) or solveddos (which I haven't seen a single thing about)

Thanked by 1GIANT_CRAB
  • BuyVM has addons for DDoS protected IP addresses

• painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited February 2014

i also have the L.A. URPad DDOS protected VPS, that's where i host my LA DNS Server,

i need a DDOS protected VPS on the east coast.

• @AutoSnipe said:
    Urpad... Great... Same Sentence!? You smokin crack?

For that price range nearly nobody.

Cheapest I can think of is about 5 euro ( hosteasy) or solveddos (which I haven't seen a single thing about)

Whats wrong with urpad? I have had a different server with them since 11/15/2012 and I havent had a single issue.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Prometeus/Iperweb has too, but in Italy only.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

For DDOS protected I would look at BuyVM or ServerDragon.

• Only two that come to mind are RamNode and BuyVM

You can also look for a provider that hosts on OVH's network I guess?

• @jakelong - with their mass location change (I has a server in every location they offered, for different reasons) they moved everyone and it was like they moved 1000 clients onto one server.
    Took them nearly 2 months to refund my money. And support didn't know what was going on when their hdd was full on their old Iceland server.

• How much of a ddos attack can buyVM handle? I cant find the info anywhere on their site.

• @AutoSnipe Oh I see. Thanks for the heads up.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

For massive attacks you need to go with big DDoS protection providers which will not be cheap. Over, say 10-20 gbps most people will null you, same over 1-2 mil pps.

Real protection for serious attacks costs an arm and a leg.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@jakelong said:
    How much of a ddos attack can buyVM handle? I cant find the info anywhere on their site.

http://wiki.buyvm.net/doku.php/ddos

https://securedragon.net/openvz_p.php

• @jakelong said:
    How much of a ddos attack can buyVM handle? I cant find the info anywhere on their site.

They once tanked a 10Gbps flood.

• blackblack Member
    edited February 2014

@MonsteR offers DDoS protection with black lotus. I haven't tried them though.

• I have a question about BlackLotus, i've seen a few providers using them, most say they have the servers in BlackLotus's facility. Does BlackLotus do a sort of "reverse" IP proxy idea? Or do they only do colocation/dedicated services?

Also, does a "reverse" DDoS Protected proxy even exist? I know Cloudflare is an "option" and you can buy a BuyVM and do some witchcraft with it but that's a bit over my head.

I looked into this a while back but came up with nothing, maybe I was just looking in the wrong places.

• @skybucks100
    What about x4b.net @SplitIce

• @AutoSnipe said:
    skybucks100
    What about x4b.net SplitIce

Have you used them before? I've heard about them, but that was the only provider I could ever find. I might try them out, but I wanted to see if there were any other options or providers out there too.

• I personally haven't used them. (Most of the hosts I have used have provided ddos protection as standard)
    But I would say x4b is your best bet

• i wonder if this discount is still good:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/281752/

• @painfreepc said:
    i wonder if this discount is still good:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/281752/

From the looks of it, nope. At checkout it says the total is: $9.00 per Month

• Check out RamNode. Have had a KVM VPS with Nick for more than a year. It's flawless, and works well. I can't speak for their DDoS protected IPs but I know they offer it for an extra monthly fee.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • @black said:
    MonsteR offers DDoS protection with black lotus. I haven't tried them though.

Thanks for the mention, We offer ddos Mitigation at raptornode, The way it works it we route our ip's/traffic through black lotus and their systems detect if there is an attack then the attack gets filtered at the network edge before it can even reach your server.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I can offer you DDoS protection on a VPS in Chicago, if you are interested.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2014

We have just launched a new location (NixMad) with AntiDDoS (IBM Proventia IPS + Arbor)

More info: http://goo.gl/zNrTa5

• We can offer you DDOS protected VPS in Canada. :)

• Ramnode, BuyVM, Prometeus

• We have Ddos protected VPS in Chicago

• @jmginer said:
    We have just launched a new location (NixMad) with AntiDDoS (IBM Proventia IPS + Arbor)

More info: http://goo.gl/zNrTa5

How much for a 20GB Disk VPS (non-SSD) or a 5GB SSD VPS with 512MB RAM with DDoS Protection?

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

jakelong said: Whats wrong with urpad? I have had a different server with them since 11/15/2012 and I havent had a single issue.

I'm seeing constant network blips. The (disk and network) performance is also atrocious. Everything is laggy.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2014